Key electronic resources
The key electronic resources for Italian provide access to secondary critical literature, such as journal articles, books, book chapters and dissertations, as well as to electronic primary sources and to key reference materials. Particularly recommended are the MLA International Bibliography (secondary sources), JStor and Project Muse (large collections of full-text journals) and Italinemo (Italian language journals).
Online help and support
Training materials and guides: support materials, guides and videos to help you search the literature and get to the full text
If you would like some help finding literature for Italian Studies, or managing your citations and reference lists, please contact kate dot courage at warwick dot ac dot uk, the Academic Support Librarian for Italian Studies.
To get some help starting out on a literature search, see our video tutorials (right) on creating a search strategy and getting to the full text, or the printed guides (below).
- Developing a search strategy - choosing keywords and synonyms
- Developing a search strategy - combining search terms
- Getting to the full text - using WebBridge to access full text
Guides to specific databases
Freely available websites, catalogues, databases and digital collections.
- European Library: an online portal offering quick and easy access to the collections of the 48 National Libraries of Europe and leading European Research Libraries
- Europeana: Multi-lingual online collection of millions of digitized items from European museums, libraries, archives and multi-media collections
- Internet Archive: An archive of digital items, including texts, audio and moving images to give permanent access for researchers, scholars, and the general public
- Italian Studies Web: designed to provide access to scholarly resources in Italian Studies. The resources organized here have undergone a selection and evaluation process
- Italian Women Writers: access to an extensive corpus of literature written by Italian women authors
- Warwick University Italian Department
British Library : European Studies Blog
Keep up to date with the European Studies Blog
Your Academic Support Librarian
kate dot courage at warwick dot ac dot uk
+44 24 765 28151
Once you have pressed 'play' click on the icon the bottom right hand of the video window to view the video fullscreen.
Full text access
This video shows how to access full text using WebBridge.