Most items can be renewed as many times as you want to providing they do not have a hold or a booking on them. A reminder will be sent to your Warwick email address shortly before your items are due back, giving you time to renew using one of the methods below. Please note that due to software limitations reminders are not sent prior to the due date for Short Loans.
Important - renewals are not permitted in the following circumstances:
- Items cannot be renewed if another borrower has requested a hold on an item
- There may be a problem with your Library Account e.g. your account will be blocked if you have fines over £10.00, have an overdue recalled book, or have a book that is very overdue
- If another borrower requests a hold on a 3 Day Loan you will not receive a recall email notice but you will not be able to renew the item. Please note that you are advised not to borrow 3 day loan items unless you are in a position to return the item in 3 days
- You are advised not to borrow Short Loan items unless you are in a position to return them before 11am the following day, or if borrowed after 11am on a Friday due back Monday before 11am, as another student may have placed a booking on the Short Loan items you have borrowed
- Go to the Library Catalogue
- Click on the My Library Account button
- Current University Students and Staff should log in using their University of Warwick customer name and password, to place hold requests, renew their books or access electronic resources off-campus. The appropriate screens will offer two boxes, one for Current University Students and Staff and one for Other Library Members
- Other Library Members who are not technically members of the University (i.e. reciprocal and external borrowers, Warwick Graduates, Retired Staff etc.) and do not have an IT Services login should use barcode/PIN (click on 'Help with creating PIN' on the barcode/PIN screen if you have not created a PIN). The appropriate screens will offer two boxes, one for Current University Students and Staff and one for Other Library Members. If you have any difficulty renewing items then please contact us: library at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Click Renew All or tick individual books and then click Renew Marked. You may need to scroll to the bottom of the page to check that all required books have been selected. You will be asked ‘The following item(s) will be renewed, would you like to proceed?’ Click ‘YES’
- Make sure all books have successfully renewed. If they have not been renewed, you will see the message ‘not all renewals were successful. See details below’ and a short explanation of the problem next to each title.
If you are unable to access the internet you can call the Library on 02476 522 026 between 09.00 – 17.30 Monday to Thursday, 09.00 – 16.30 Fridays to renew your books. Outside of these hours you can leave a message and a member of staff will call you back.
Items can be renewed with your Library card using the self issue machines or at the Library Helpdesk on Floor 1 (if you are using the self issue machines, you will also need the items you wish to renew).