We aim to provide high quality services to all Library customers. However, we appreciate that, on some, rare occasions, you may feel that your expectations have not been met.
We really value your feedback – if you have any comments (positive or negative), a concern or complaint related to the Library, please raise it as soon as you can. Where possible, we will use this to improve our services.
Feedback (positive or negative), compliments or concerns can be submitted via email: library at warwick dot ac dot uk, taking the matter to your departmental Staff-Student Liaison Committee or by talking to the appropriate Academic Support Librarian or Library representative.
Complaints should also be submitted via our online form, however, you may also submit your complaint in writing (via email or letter) or in person, by talking to the Library HelpDesk or relevant Library representative.
We want to know if you are unhappy with any aspect of our service so that we can work to put things right.
The Library’s complaints procedure
A complaint is considered as “an expression of significant or sustained dissatisfaction where an individual seeks action to address the problem”.
A complaint about the Library should be submitted if you wish to claim that:
- the service delivered to you by the Library is unsatisfactory
- the service has failed or was unavailable
- the Library facilities or learning resources were unsuitable
- a member of staff responsible for delivering the service did not act appropriately
- a Library policy is wrong, unfair or not followed.
The Library complaints procedure aligns to the University Complaints and Feedback Procedure.
Stage 1: Frontline / Local Resolution stage
If you have a complaint about the Library, please raise this as soon as you become aware of the problem, submitting your concern via our online form. Alternatively, you may also submit your complaint in writing (via email or letter) or by phone or in person, by talking to the Library HelpDesk or relevant Library representative.
All complaints received will be referred to the team leader or manager of the service concerned and, wherever possible, they will aim to put things right immediately. If it is not possible to address the matter in the way you wish, the team leader or manager will explain the reasons.
This stage will be completed typically within 20 working days.
Stage 2: Formal Departmental Investigation and Resolution stage
If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint has been handled:
- For University of Warwick students – you should report your concern via the University. See Stage 2 of the University’s Student Complaints Resolution Procedure (Stage 2). This stage is to be completed within 30 working days
- For University of Warwick staff – your complaint will be escalated in line with the University Complaints and Feedback Procedure. You should write to The Librarian who will provide an initial response typically within 5 working days of receipt. Further time, as advised, may be required for a full investigation of the concern
- For all other customers – The University Complaints and Feedback Procedure includes guidance for members of the public. You should submit your concern to The Librarian. Ideally, the concern should be submitted in writing (by email or letter) and include details of the initial complaint, the Library response and all the associated documentation. The Librarian/Head of Division will provide an initial response typically within 5 working days of receipt. Further time, as advised, may be required for a full investigation of the concern
If you wish to submit a Stage 2 complaint you should submit this within 10 working days of receiving the Stage 1 outcome.
Stage 3:Formal Institutional Review and Final Resolution stage (for students only)
Should Stage 1 and 2 not resolve the issue, a further stage, Stage 3 – Formal Institutional Review and Final Resolution is available to students of the University and will be progressed by the University – see Student Complaint Resolution Procedure (Stage 3).
- Telephone: 02476 522026 University Librarian (please note: all calls will be dealt with initially by the Customer Support Team)
- Postal Address: University Librarian, The Library, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL
- Email Address: library at warwick dot ac dot uk.