The Disability team provides guidance on disability to staff supporting students and welcomes staff enquiries and discussion on disability related issues. You can find information about specific disabilities and the support offered to students here. There are several links to staff resources on this page and information on disability is also available through the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion pages.
Please note that staff disability matters should be referred to line managers/HR and additional information about disability support for staff can be found at the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion webpages.
Additional Information and Guidance for Staff
- Disability Team Marking Guidance
- Background ADSHE Marking guidelines for SpLDs
- Special Exam Arrangements
- Best Practice Guide for Supporting AS Students
- Best Practice Guide for HE Lecturers and Tutors
- Best Practice Guide for HEI Managers and Senior Academics
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion- Disability resources
- NICE Guidance
- BDA- Neurodiversity
- The University's Disability Policy for Staff and Students
- Equality Act 2010
- Creating accessible resources
- Making your teaching inclusive and Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Role of student note takers and exam scribes
- Guidance relating to postgraduate research students
- Engineering Accessibility Guide
- Social Work Student Placements Guide
Online training for NMHs and all staff
This online training package has been specifically designed for Non-Medical helpers (NMH) such as student support workers,and specialist tutors but all staff at the University can benefit from the information and resources included in this package. Completion of this training is compulsory for NMH staff groups and it forms part of our compliance with the Quality Assurance Framework for service providers for DSA funded services.