Disability Services provide guidance to staff supporting students on matters related to disabilities and Specific Learning Differences. The Learning and Development Centre also offer disability awareness courses.
Please note that disability matters relating to staff should be referred to HR in the first instance. Additional information about staff disability related issues can be found at the University's Diversity and Inclusion webpages.
Online training for NMHs and all staff
This online training package has been specifically designed for non-medical helpers (NMH) such as student support workers, mentors and specialist tutors but all staff at the University can benefit from the information and resources included in this package. Completion of this training is compulsory for the NMH groups and it forms part of our compliance with the Quality Assurance Framework for service providers for DSA funded services.
Additional Information for all staff
- ADSHE Marking guidelines for SpLD , Disability Team guidance .
- The University's Disability Policy for Staff and Students
- Equality Act 2010
- Ensuring resources are accessible
- Making your teaching inclusive and Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Role of student note takers and exam scribes
- Guidance relating to postgraduate research students
- Engineering Accessibility Guide
- Social Work Student Placements Guide
Disability Interest Working Group
The University’s Disability Interest Group meets on a termly basis to discuss student and staff disability related matters. The group welcomes new members with an interest in disability. Meetings are chaired by the Disability Services Head of Service and the group reports to the Equality and Diversity Committee and the Equality and Diversity Network. If you are interested in joining the group please do contact Disability Services at disability at warwick dot ac dot uk.