Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Infectious Diseases Guidance (including Covid-19)

The safety and wellbeing of all members of our community is always our utmost priority.

On this page we share information and guidance about infectious diseases (including Covid-19) to help keep us all safe.

Information for students travelling from China to the UK

From 5 January, if you’re travelling from China to the UK, you will need to provide evidence of a negative Covid-19 pre-departure test (PDT) result, taken no more than two days prior to departure.

View more information.Link opens in a new window

Streptococcus A

The advice for 'Strep A' is the same as for other similar infections, which includes staying away from campus if you have any symptoms (including a sore throat), good hand hygiene, good respiratory hygiene and good sanitisation/cleaning. Children are more at risk than adults so it is wise to be aware of the symptoms and what to do if a child is particularly unwell.

Please see more informationLink opens in a new window

Covid-19 guidance

The government released a 'Living with Covid-19' planLink opens in a new window in February 2022 which details that the remaining legal requirements linked to Covid-19 have been removed.

Please see guidance below to help continue to keep our community safe.

On the below selector, you can find information and advice that will help keep you and our community safe.

What to do if you feel unwell

You are strongly encouraged to stay in your term time accommodation if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or any other respiratory disease, or if you test positive for Covid-19, we encourage you to stay in your term time accommodation and not attend in-person teaching sessions – please notify your personal tutor if you’re unable to attenddisease, or if you test positive for Covid-19. Please follow NHS advice.Link opens in a new window

Who to tell if you’re unwell

If you’re unwell and unable to attend your teaching sessions, you should let your Personal Tutor know, or contact your department Senior Tutor if you’re unable to reach your Personal Tutor.

Practical advice if you're unwell

Food deliveries

There are plenty of local supermarkets that can deliver right to your door. Supermarkets in your local area include: TescoLink opens in a new window, IcelandLink opens in a new window, Sainsbury'sLink opens in a new window, Morrison's, and AsdaLink opens in a new window. You can choose a time slot that works best for you.

Staying safe in your accommodation

In the shared areas in your accommodation, we recommend wearing a face covering for yours and your housemates’ safety and staying in your room where possible.

On-campus support

If you have a non-emergency situation on campus, please fill out this form for support from our Residential Community team. You can also find the team’s location and contact details, as well as emergency numbers on their page.

Face Coverings

You’re encouraged to continue wearing a face covering in teaching, learning and study spaces.

It is NHS guidance to wear a face covering, particularly indoors or in crowded places, to help stop the spread of Covid-19. You can see more guidance on how to avoid catching and spreading Covid-19 on the NHS website.

Please respect other people if they decide to wear a face covering or continue to follow other safety measures that were previously in place.


The high vaccination rate nationally and vaccine uptake within our university community has played a key part in being able to return to campus, face-to-face teaching and other in-person activity.

It’s really important to get vaccinated if you haven’t already, and have a booster when you’re eligible, to help keep everyone safe on campus.

Find out more about Covid-19 vaccinations on the NHS website.

On Campus

Health centre

Please contact the Health Centre about Covid-19 vaccinations on 024 7652 4888.


You can access the Covid-19 vaccination programme through the National Booking ServiceLink opens in a new window or call 119 to book an appointment.

Find out more about the Covid-19 vaccinations on the NHS website.Link opens in a new window

International Students

Please check the latest government guidance if you're travelling to the UK.Link opens in a new window

See the Immigration and Compliance pages for more information including about your CAS, student visa and immigration.

Student Wellbeing is very important at Warwick.

Wellbeing Support Services provide a range of support, from self-help resources to email counselling and therapy groups. You can also reach out for academic support from your Personal Tutor.

If you’re living in halls on campus and need support, speak to a member of the Residential Community team.