If you’re considering studying for a degree this autumn, but perhaps not sure you have the skills or confidence, this course could be ideal.
You do not require any qualifications, it’s free, and you can study from the safety of your own home. This short course, just three hours per week for five weeks, covers topics such as food, health, education, society and on successful completion you will have a guaranteed interview to study on either our part-time BA Hons Social Studies programme or full-time 2+2 Degree Pathway this autumn. The course is only open to people in our local community who do not have a degree level qualification.
You will meet and work with others who will be embarking on a similar journey to your own, in an online environment designed for adult learners. You don't need previous qualifications to join the course, and successful completion guarantees you an interview for a place on either our part-time BA Hons Social Studies programme or full-time 2+2 Degree Pathway this autumn.
Flexible entry requirements with consideration given for non-traditional qualifications, work and life experience. The course is only open to people in our local community who are considering studying for one of our undergraduate degrees this autumn - and do not already have a degree level qualification
- You can study part-time at your own pace around work and family commitments
- You will develop skills, knowledge and confidence to study at one of the top universities in the world
- Successful completion guarantees an interview for a place on either our part-time BA Hons Social Studies programme or full-time 2+2 Degree Pathway this autumn.
- Week 1 - Education - What is the point of Education?
- Week 2 - Society - How do people act in society?
- Week 3 - Food - Why do you eat what you eat?
- Week 4 - Health - What is health?
- Week 5 - Globalisation - Is geography history?
Weeks 1-4 will encompass a writing task and a reading task
During Week 5's session, an essay of 1000 words will be set
The Online Summer Gateway will run for five weeks starting on Monday 28th June from 10am - 1pm.