I write short stories, poetry, screenplays, and am working on a novel.
- Finalist, InkTears Short Story Competition (Apr 2013) for my short story 'Oysters' - shortlisted as one of the top 12 out of 500 entries
- Highly Commended, Commonwealth Essay Competition (2004) for my short story
- 'Selk', short story extract, in Read Me Anthology - this is a young adult, university-funded anthology that was launched at Waterstones Coventry
- 'The Plot', short story, Read Me Anthology blog - I also performed this story as part of an open mic event 'Down the Rabbit Hole' at Esquires Coventry
- 'Conversations in the Bathroom', a poem I wrote and read for Your Voice, Your Story, a well-being event organised by Warwick University Library on Mental Health Day (7 Mar 2019)
Contribution to Times Higher Education blog:
- What's in a name? For PhDs, everything (14 April 2019) - rewritten from 'The Power of Introduction' post
Contributions to PhD Life (University of Warwick) blog - a blog on the PhD student experience, where I wrote posts mostly on mindfulness and well-being:
- Creative Ways to Release Stress (27 Mar 2019)
- The Power of Introduction (27 Feb 2019)
- Making your Workspace Work for You (21 Nov 2018)
- Dealing with Discomfort during a PhD (8 Oct 2018)
- Lessons from a Spinning Bike (19 Sep 2018)
- Confessions of a Perfectionist (1 Aug 2018)
- Motivational Quotes for the PhD Journey (13 Jun 2018)
- A Mindset Shift for the Introverted PhD Student (9 May 2018)
- Settling In as an International PhD Student (21 Mar 2018) - voted Best Industry Transition weekly online article for PhDs by the Cheeky Scientist Association (Apr 2018)
- Love and its Trials during a PhD (14 Feb 2018)
Contributions to Read Me Anthology (University of Warwick) blog - a blog on young adult fiction, in conjunction with the anthology:
- Short Story - The Plot (26 Apr 2013)
- To Adapt or Not to Adapt? (3 Apr 2013)
- What Should I Read Next? (10 Mar 2013)
I was a writer for Theatre In Motion: Multi-Lingual Translation and Performance, a funded project with the Italian Studies department at Warwick (Oct 2018 - Mar 2019). As part of a team of five, I adapted Guiseppe Catozzella's novel Non dirmi che hai paura (Don't Tell Me You're Afraid in English) for the stage, collaboratively writing the script. I also acted in the play.
I assisted on The Inferno Show, a short film by the European Drama Network in association with Warwick Business School (Mar 2013). I am credited as Costume Supervisor on the film production.
I also produced some short films for the Singapore Civil Defence Force whilst working in journalism (2011).
I participated in a student radio production about stories and storytelling in music on Warwick RaW (Nov 2012).