The postgraduate application and admissions process at Warwick is split into seven stages:
- Choose your course
- Check the entry requirements
- How to apply (University webpage)
- Pay the application assessment fee (for taught courses only)
- Follow any instructions emailed to you
- We'll consider your application
- A decision will be communicated to you via email
1. Choose your course
Take a look at the available courses, come to an Open Day or contact the Director of Graduate Studies or MA convenor directly. You can apply for as many courses as you wish. However, if you are successful for more than one application you can only accept one full-time course.
2. Check the entry requirements
Consider whether you are able to meet the entry requirements for the course. This includes academic requirements (such as qualifications or previous experience) and English language ability.
All courses in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures are assigned to English Language Test Band B and require an overall IELTS score of 7.0. If you have not taken an IELTS test, please check the English Language tests approved by the University.
3. Complete the application form
4. Pay the application assessment fee
The fee only applies to taught courses. The current fee (for 2021 entry) is £60 for an online application. There are no fees for research-only programme applications.
Please note the application assessment fee is non-refundable. Once you have submitted your application and paid the application assessment fee we will immediately start reviewing your application.
The deadline for applications for our taught postgraduate courses is the 15 July immediately preceding commencement of study.
6. Follow any instructions emailed to you
You will be asked to upload supporting documents. The documents requested and format may differ slightly, depending on the course you have applied for, but will typically include your:
- Degree transcript
- Academic references (1 for taught postgraduate courses; 2 for research courses – additional references may be requested if needed)
- English Language Test Certificate
- Research proposal and/or Personal Statement
7. We'll consider your application
Please note that recommendations for admission are made by Course Selectors to the University's Admissions services, who carry out any necessary checks.
8. A decision will be communicated to you via email
All decisions will be communicated to you by the University's central Postgraduate Admissions Team.
general PG enquiries (School of Modern Languages & Cultures)
(MA by research, MPhil/PhD, doctoral funding):
School Director of Graduate Studies
Prof. Ingrid De Smet
Postgraduate Taught Masters
School MA convenor:
Dr Olga Castro
For general information about studying at Warwick and enquiries about submitted applications, contact the Postgraduate Admissions Team
Tel: +44 (0)24 7652 4585
For our taught MA programmes, your application should be received by 15 July for courses starting in September, so that it can be processed in time.
There are no deadlines for Postgraduate Research courses. However, if you also plan to apply for funding, please get in touch well in advance of the funding deadline to discuss your project.
We welcome PhD enquiries at any time, but especially from Mid-September to the end of November (at the latest) for the most popular funding schemes.