|Module Code: IT401|
|Module Name: Modern Italian Language IV|
|Module Coordinator: Dr Valentina Abbatelli|
|Timetable by Group|
|Module Credits: 30|
The module is a continuation of IT301 and aims to refine, at a higher level, writing, oral and translation skills developed during the previous year, paying particular attention to concepts of register and style and introducing some theoretical notions of translation. See the description of IT301.
- Combined Writing and Translation Coursework (15%)
- Oral Exam: Presentation and Discussion (25%).
- Translation Exam (2 hours + 15 minutes reading time; 30%): one passage from English into Italian and one passage from Italian into English.
- Writing Exam (2 hours + 15 minutes of reading time; 30%).
The exam papers do not involve the use of dictionaries. Translation will be both from English into Italian and from Italian into English.
Visiting students (Erasmus):
Term 1 & 2, 30 CATS:
• 2 x 1500 translation portfolio (one for each language combination: IT > EN; EN > IT) (50%)
• 2-hour end of term 2 test (50%)
- Full year, 30 CATS:
• 2 x 1500 word translation portfolio (one for each language combination: IT > EN; EN > IT) (50%)
• 2-hour Summer exam + 15 minutes reading time (same exam sat by home students taking the modules) (50%)
NB: Registration and assessment codes
Please note: when registering on line for this module you should enter codes as follows:
VA : For Italian Erasmus students who are sitting the Spring test, those leaving at the end of Term 2.
VC : For Italian Erasmus students who are staying the whole year and sitting the June exam.