Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Degrees with Intercalated Year

Each of our courses has a variant "with intercalated year", which is a 4-year course (5 year in the case of the MEng programmes) where in year 3 students spend time either studying abroad or in industry. Students apply to the 3-year BSc (or 4-year MEng) course through UCAS and then transfer to the 4-year (or 5 year MEng) course after arrival at Warwick.

If a student wishes to spend a year on an industrial placement, both the Department and the Careers Service will assist by putting the student in contact with suitable employers. However, the Department does not arrange the placement, and cannot guarantee that a placement will be available. A degree with intercalated year is not a sandwich course!

If a student wishes to study abroad for a year, the University has close links with many Universities, in Europe and in the US. The Erasmus programme of the European Union facilitates such exchanges, and further information is provided by the University's International Office.