- To engage in inter-/multi-disciplinary research to improve quality of life, health, national security, education and social cohesion;
- To develop new computing science techniques and seek methods of application and commercialisation;
- To provide leading advice and knowledge transfer to government and industry, and promote jobs and growth through technical innovation.
Focus, Impact, Strengths
- Close affinity with departments & inter-disciplinary research centres;
- Involvement in innovation, knowledge transfer, start-ups;
- We offer various opportunities for PhD research studies. The Centre for Doctoral Training & Research in Computer Science offers scholarships. Our PhD students enjoy close collaborations with the Alan Turing Institute.
Multi-agent systems; Intelligent connected vehicles; Deep learning for imaging data; Multi-agent reinforcement learning; Social media analytics; Health informatics; Explainable AI; Ethics and social shaping of AI
Computational neuroscience; Computational pathology; Systems and synthetic biology; Digital forensics; Multimedia processing and computer vision
Data analysis/ science applications; Data management systems; Dependable systems and safety; Transparent and trustworthy learning; High performance computing; Machine learning; Security and privacy
Topics of theoretical Computer Science; Design and analysis of algorithms; Complexity theory; Logic; Automation; Formal verification; Cryptography; Quantum computing