- To engage in inter-/multi-disciplinary research to improve quality of life, health, national security, education and social cohesion;
- To develop new computing science techniques and seek methods of application and commercialisation;
- To provide leading advice and knowledge transfer to government and industry, and promote jobs and growth through technical innovation.
Focus, Impact, Strengths
- Close affinity with departments & inter-disciplinary research centres;
- Involvement in innovation, knowledge transfer, start-ups;
- We offer various opportunities for PhD research studies. The Centre for Doctoral Training & Research in Computer Science offers scholarships. Our PhD students enjoy close collaborations with the Alan Turing Institute.
Multi-agent systems; Strategic AI; Explainable AI; Multi-agent reinforcement learning; Intelligent cyber-physical systems; Deep learning for Imaging Data; Intelligent connected vehicles
Social-media analytics; Health and informatics; Social informatics; Smart cities; Adaptativity and personalisation; Educational technology; Computer Science education
High performance & scientific computing; Business & Internet computing; Fault tolerance & reliable systems; Intelligent & distributed systems; Communication networks and data science; Software tools
Computational neuroscience; Computational pathology; Systems and synthetic biology; Digital forensics; Multimedia processing and computer vision