- I am co-supervising Nentawe Gurumdimma together with Arshad Jhumka on 'Failure Prediction in Cluster systems'
- I am supervising Bo Wang together with Rob Procter on the topic of "Macro-Micro Approach for Mining Social Media Public Sociopolitical Opinion"
I am one of the academics linked to the new CDT in Urban Science at the Department of Computer Science at Warwick.
Get in touch with me if you are interested in doing a PhD related to text mining or applications of natural language processing. I am particularly interested in: biological text mining, discourse analysis, information extraction and summarisation in the context of scientific articles, improving and evaluating the research lifecycle, ontology learning from text, automatic summarisation from social media, emotion or sentiment analysis from text, text mining for monitoring and improving health matters and other areas of urban informatics.
Current MSc/MEng projects:
- Aaron Kalair, Ojas Kulkarni, Richard Townsend: "Sentiadaptron: A practical and adaptable sentiment analyser for twitter"
- Sena Pakter
- Mael Razavet
Previous MSc projects:
- Ben Passmore: "A Statistical Classier for Twitter through Domain Adaptation via Active Learning".
- Bolanle Oladapo: "A Content-Based Recommendation System for Scientific Papers".
Current 3rd year projects:
- Loucas Stylianou: "An Android application for assisting chat moderation (PuriChat)"
- Elizabeth Walker: "Can we identify an individual's emotions from their socia media data?"
- 2012-2013: James Ravenscroft: Partridge: An automatic system for reading recommendations. This work lead to runner-up best paper in the Applications track of AI-2013.
- 2011-2012: Mo Abrahams: "Linguistic Analysis of Scientific Papers to Generate Better Summaries"