We offer up to 4-year PhD courses in Computer Science and Urban Science. There is also the option to study for a 1-year MSc by Research in Computer Science (full time only). You can be confident of finding a suitable course, whether you are a current student or an industry professional with substantial experience.
Details about funding and scholarship options, eligibility and deadlines please visit our funding options page.
Applicants are expected to have or shortly be obtaining a minimum of a BSc degree at 2:1 or equivalent, though typically successful candidates will have or be completing a relevant MEng or MSc degree. If you satisfy the grade requirements (or equivalent UK scores) this is only one aspect of the application and does not guarantee admission - please read the follows sections to ensure that your application is strong.
Research degree applications are highly competitive and we receive many more applications than we can accept. This means it is important to make your application as strong as possible. Please ensure:-
- your application is factual, relating to academic achievement and any prior experience - try to ensure that you demonstrate your suitability and commitment to research;
- that you write a research proposal with a clear vision of what you are looking to achieve and that your proposal aligns with a potential supervisor research interests. Guidelines on writing a research proposal.
- before you make a formal application, your proposal is emailed to a potential supervisor for his or her consideration. You may not be considered for a research degree if you do not have (and we could not identify) an academic willing to supervise your research - research interests of our academic staff;
Apply - Postgraduate Admissions
Supporting Documents Required
After submitting your application you will receive an email from the Postgraduate Team with instructions on uploading your supporting documents. You will be required to submit these in hard copy if you are made an offer. Please note that it is important that you provide all the supporting documents. Also note if you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
This will include your:
- Research Proposal
- Your degree transcript(s)
- English language certificate (if applicable)
- ATAS certificate (Overseas only)
There are no application deadlines for our research degrees, however, if you are applying for a scholarship please check scholarship deadlines to ensure that you can fulfil the entry/eligibility criteria for admission. Please be aware that if you receive an offer for a research degree, this does not mean you have had an offer for a scholarship. Scholarship applications are considered separately.
We have a number of research studentships, which are awarded on the basis of availability and merit. In addition, the Doctoral College also provide a list of funded studentships as well as advice and guidance about other sources of funding. We welcome applications from self-funded applicants.
Please see our funding advice pages for more information on our available sources of funding.
All Postgraduate Research enquiries can be directed to: pgr-admissions at dcs dot warwick dot ac dot uk