PhD positions: The research group has funding available to support PhD studentships. Funding covers both academic fees and subsistence. We're interested in highly motivated PhD students. If you are interested in this position, please send an email to either Dr Dmitry Chistikov (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Sayan Bhattacharya (S.Bhattacharya@warwick.ac.uk) with your CV and the names and email addresses of two references. Please check this advertisment for more details. Closing date: November 11, 2019.
Previously Advertised Positions in Recent Past
- Postdoc Position on Dynamic Algorithms: A postdoctoral research fellow position in the area of dynamic algorithms is available for 2 years. The start date can be negotiated for the successful candidate. The position is available in connection with an EPSRC research grant of Dr Sayan Bhattacharya. The successful candidate will need to have a strong background in theoretical computer science, with a specialization either in dynamic algorithms or in releated areas such as approximation, online, distributed, streaming and FPT algorithms. If you are interested in this position, please submit a formal application at this webpage. Please feel free to email Dr Bhattacharya for any further queries. Closing date: October 6, 2019.
- Full Professor post on the interface of Computer Science and Mathematics: The Department of Computer Science and the Department of Mathematics invite applications for a Professor post in the DIMAP area, in the areas of Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Complexity, Theoretical Computer Science, or in relevant areas on the interface of Computer Science and Mathematics. Candidates should have an internationally leading research profile and be able to provide academic leadership. Informal enquires can be addressed to Professor Ranko Lazic (R.S.Lazic@warwick.ac.uk, Head of Computer Science), Professor John Greenlees (John.Greenlees@warwick.ac.uk[/email], Head of Mathematics), or Professor Artur Czumaj (A.Czumaj@warwick.ac.uk, Head of DIMAP). Closing date: September 1, 2019.
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Reader vacancies in Computer Science: The call is open to candidates working in all areas of Computer Science including those related to the FoCS (and also DIMAP) research focus. Informal enquires can be addressed to the Head of Department, Prof. Ranko Lazic, or Prof. Artur Czumaj, or any member of the FoCS group. Closing date: June 17, 2019.
- Two post-doc positions (focus on randomized algorithms, sublinear algorithms, streaming, property testing) with Artur Czumaj. Closing date: March 13, 2018.
- Postdoc position in Algorithms Research with Graham Cormode. Closing date: February 14, 2018.
- Full Professor in Computer Science: The call is open to candidates working in all areas of Computer Science including those related to the DIMAP research focus. If interested, please contact Dr. Ranko Lazic or Prof. Czumaj or Prof. Dan Král'. Closing date: January 31, 2018.