Research within the Formal Methods Group addresses in a broad fashion the problem of specifying, developing and maintaining computing and communication systems which are reliable and secure. The areas of our research range from theory to practice, and include the following. More information can be found on the members' pages.
- logic, automata and games in computer science;
- algorithms and complexity of formal verification and synthesis;
- formal methods for probabilistic, real-time, hybrid, mobile, quantum computing, and biological systems;
- testing, model checking, and deductive verification;
- fault tolerance, security, and high performance.
The group meets regularly at its research seminars.