In social media analysis, we carry out research in understanding microblog conversations, Twitter sentiment analysis, cyberbullying detection, event extraction and visualisation on Twitter, and analysis of persuasive argumentation in political debates.
Miguel Arana-Catania, Lin Gui, John Dougrez-Lewis, Wenjia Zhang, Lixing Zhu
- L. Zhu, Z. Fang, G. Pergola, R. Procter and Y. He. Disentangled Learning of Stance and Aspect Topics for Vaccine Attitude Detection in Social Media. 2022 Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL), Jul. 2022.
J. Dougrez-Lewis, M. Arana Catania, E. Kochkina, M. Liakata and Y. He. PHEMEPlus: Enriching Social Media Rumour Verification with External Evidence. The 5th FEVER Workshop, co-located with ACL, May 2022.
- S. Salawu, J. Lumsden, Y. He. A Mobile-Based System for Preventing Online Abuse and Cyberbullying. International Journal of Bullying Prevention, to appear.
- W. Zhang, L. Gui and Y. He. Supervised Contrastive Learning for Multi-modal Unreliable News Detection in COVID-19 Pandemic, The 30th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Nov. 2021.
- J. Dougrez-Lewis, E. Kochkina, M. Liakata and Y. He. Learning Disentangled Latent Topics for Twitter Rumour Veracity Classification, ACL Findings, 2021.
- M. Arana-Catania, F. A. Van Lier, R. Procter, N. Tkachenko, Y. He, A. Zubiaga, M. Liakata. Citizen Participation and Machine Learning for a Better Democracy. Digital Government: Research and Practice, to appear.
- S. Salawu, J. Lumsden and Y. He. A Large-Scale English Multi-Label Twitter Dataset for Cyberbullying and Online Abuse Detection. Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Online Abuse and Harms, co-located with ACL, 2021. [dataset]
- L. Zhu, Y. He and D. Zhou. Neural Temporal Opinion Modelling for Opinion Prediction on Twitter. 2020 Annual Conference of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Jul. 2020.
- L. Zhu, Y. He and D. Zhou. Neural Opinion Dynamics Model for the Prediction of User-Level Stance Dynamics. Information Processing and Management, 57(2):102031, 2020.
- J. Zeng, J. Li, Y. He, C. Gao, M. Lyu and I. King. What Changed Your Mind: The Roles of Dynamic Topics and Discourse in Argumentation Process. The Web Conference (WWW), Taipei, Apr. 2020.
- S. Salawu, Y. He and J. Lumsden. BullStop: A Mobile App for Cyberbullying Prevention, The 28th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING), Dec. 2020. [demo]
- J. Zeng, J. Li, Y. He, C. Gao, M. Lyu, I. King. What You Say and How You Say it: Joint Modeling of Topics and Discourse in Microblog Conversations. Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL), 7:267-281, 2019.
- L. Zhu, Y. He and D. Zhou. Hierarchical Viewpoint Discovery from Tweets Using Bayesian Modelling. Expert Systems with Applications, 116:430-438, 2019.
- U. Orizu and Y. He. Content-Based Conflict-of-Interest Detection on Wikipedia, The 11th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), Miyazaki, Japan, May 2018.
- W.X. Zhao, W. Zhang, Y. He, X. Xie and J.-R. Wen. Automatically Learning Topics and Difficulty Levels of Problems in Online Judge Systems. ACM Transactions on Information Systems, Vol. 36, No. 3, Article 27, 2018.
- D Zhou, X. Zhang and Y. He. Event Extraction from Twitter using Non-Parametric Bayesian Mixture Model with Word Embeddings, The European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL), Valencia, Spain, Apr. 2017.
- D. Zhou, T. Gao and Y. He. Jointly Event Extraction and Visualization on Twitter via Probabilistic Modelling, The 54th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Berlin, Germany, Aug. 2016.
- J. Li, M. Liao, W. Gao, Y. He and K.-F. Wong. Topic Extraction from Microblog Posts Using Conversation Structures, The 54th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Berlin, Germany, Aug. 2016.
- H. Saif, Y. He, M. Fernandez and H. Alani. Contextual Semantics for Sentiment Analysis of Twitter. Information Processing & Management, 52(1):5-19, 2016.
- A.E. Cano and Y. He. A Study of the Impact of Persuasive Argumentation in Political Debates, The 15th Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies (NAACL-HLT), San Diego, CA, US, June, 2016.
- V. Uren, D. Wright, J. Scott, Y. He and H. Saif. Social Media and Sentiment in Bioenergy Consultation, International Journal of Energy Sector Management, 10(1):87-98, 2016.