The aim of the module is to equip students with the knowledge required to manage technical projects through well established project management techniques.
By the end of the module, students should:
- Appreciate the benefits effective project management.
- Identify success criteria for a project, and evaluate the project against these.
- Understand the impact of risks, and be able to develop contingency plans to mitigate them effectively.
- Be able to develop a project schedule.
- Understand the construction of a project budget.
An understanding of robust project management techniques to include:
- Defining measurable project objectives
- Stakeholder identification and engagement
- Project planning and scheduling
- Budget management
- Efficient resource allocation
- Risk categorisation and mitigation
- Project evaluation