See our Latest Journal Publications
Four new academic positions available in the School of Life Sciences
We wish to appoint four excellent and ambitious early to mid-career principal investigators who are capable of developing innovative and original research programmes:
- 2 x Permanent positions focused on Host-virus Interactions
- 1 x Permanent position focused on Plant Virology
- 1 x Permanent position focused on Host Responses to Microbes
Warwick iGEM success
iGEM is a global synthetic biology competition aimed at University and High School students.This year, 360 teams from across the world took part in iGEM, including a team from Warwick - team PyRe. The team attended the Grand Jamboree in Paris, on 26-28 October.
After delivering their presentation and attending the judging session, the team were awarded a gold medal for their project. They were also nominated for the Best Environment Project for their excellent work on the detection and degradation of pyrethroid pesticides. Read about the project.
Team PyRe members:
- Aayush Patel (2nd Year Biochemistry)
- Mujie Chen (2nd Year Neuroscience)
- Ashmitha Srirasan (3rd Year Biomedical Science)
- Yvette Lo (3rd Year Biomedical Science)
- Jerry Yu (4th Year MBio Biochemistry)
- Prem Ravichandran (2nd Year Computer Systems Engineering)
- Zak Fulk (3rd Year Biomedical Systems Engineering)
- Ng Yi Fan (2nd Year Economics)
The team were supported by Dr Fabrizio Alberti and Dr Alexander Darlington (Engineering), and postgraduate advisors Sandie Lai, Daniel Richmond (Chemistry), Michaël Dagne Tadesse and Nathan Burton.
Our Technical Talent
Over the next few weeks the University is showcasing the vital roles our technical staff play in the world-class research and teaching at Warwick. The latest video features Georgia Lavender, Senior Teaching Lab Technician, from the SLS Teaching Lab.
Watch the video.