Postgraduate Maintenance Payments
All payments of stipends to Postgraduate students will be paid by BACS to your nominated UK bank account. Payments are made by the Student Finance Office and are dependent on:
- Us having an instruction from your Department or the Graduate School for the payment
- You are Fully Enrolled as a student via the online enrolment system
- You uploading your UK bank account details
In order to set up your bank details you should log in to the Student Records system and then navigate to the Finance page (My student records; My data; Finance). Click in the container that is headed "Collecting bank details for payments to student" and follow the instructions given.
Payments are only made to fully registered students and are made in advance on a monthly basis. Payments will generally be made by the first day of the academic year and by the 1st of the month in which they are due thereafter. During October, additional payment runs will be made to ensure that students receive their funds as quickly as possible.
Students who withdraw after an advance payment has been made will be asked to repay to the University any funds no longer due as a consequence of their withdrawal. Students who transfer their mode of study from Full Time to Part Time will be paid at a rate of 60% of their Full Time stipend.
If you have any queries regarding your payments, please see our frequently asked questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your University ID number.
New starters 2022/23
If you are a new Postgraduate Research student starting your research degree and you are in receipt of an award, please note that you do not need to contact the Postgraduate Scholarships team directly to make them aware. Your award (fees and/or stipend) will be processed following request from your department. This will be done in time for you to receive the 1st instalment at the beginning of October 2022 if you are eligible.
- you are fully enrolled
- you have entered/updated your UK bank account details. You will be prompted to do this during the online enrolment
Please note that we receive all the information regarding new awards from the departments or the Doctoral College and will not process an award without their approval. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your department directly.
If you are an international student who will not be able to arrive in the UK in time to open UK bank account before the start of the 2022/23 academic year then you may be able to receive your stipend payments into a digital bank account.
Please note that the University does not recommend any particular bank or bank account to you.
- If you are in receipt of an award that includes a stipend, please note that you are expected to have a UK bank account.
- If you need to open a new UK bank account you may find this usefulLink opens in a new windowLink opens in a new window
- However, if you are an international student who will not be able to arrive in the UK in time to open UK bank account before the start of the 2022/23 academic year, please read the information on this link.
- If you are to receive a stipend as part of your postgraduate award, we will be able to process stipend payments to digital banking accounts, however you should consider using these as a temporary solution.
- Once you arrive in the UK you will be able to open a full UK bank account which may offer greater financial protection and better suit your needs.
A list of banks within easy reach to the University can be found hereLink opens in a new windowLink opens in a new window.
Please remember to update your records if you are changing your bank account, so that we can process the stipend payments correctly
- Login to http://warwick.ac.uk/evision
- From your Student finance page select the “Providing Your Bank Details” tab on the left
- Then click on the “Collecting bank details for payments to students” screen.
- Select the PG Payments (payments for all PG students except PGCE) from the drop down list and continue to enter your bank sort code and account number.
Once bank details are uploaded students cannot change them without contacting us first to delete what’s online before entering new information. Students should email email@example.com if they need to amend their bank account details.
- If you are in receipt of an award that covers your fee, please note that we will be made aware of this by your department; you do not need to contact us directly
- As soon as you complete your online enrolment the fee charge will be included to your account.
- The fee charge will remain in your account until we upload all new award information and payments.
- For the new academic year, this takes place just before the 1st of October when all new awards have been processed.
If you wish to change the bank details we have for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For self-funded students fees will be capped at 36 months full time equivalent, but will not be reduced below this. For students whose fees are covered by an external sponsor, funder or university scholarship fees will be reduced pro-rata to the month of submission, capped at a minimum of 36 months full time equivalent.
Students are only entitled to receive their maintenance awards up to and including the month of their 1st thesis submission. Once this has been processed through the system the students accounts will be reviewed and adjustments made if required. Students are entitled to keep any payments relating to the month of their submission, regardless of which date within the month the submission date is. In the case of any overpayments, students will be notified of the value of the refund due and the charge will be transferred to their student account for payment.
If you choose to temporarily or permanently withdraw from your studies, your stipend will stop and any overpayments that have been made will need to be repaid to the University. Students' stipends are paid monthly in advance. You will receive a full month’s stipend for any part of a month you were in attendance, the only exception being if you permanently withdraw within 2 weeks of your start date on the course. In this case, you are considered as not having attended, and any and all stipend payments received will need to be refunded.
Please note if the reason for TWD relates to maternity / paternity / parental leave, or funded sick leave your stipend payments will continue during this period as approved under the relevant Parental LeaveLink opens in a new window or Sick Pay policies.
Monthly payments will reach your account on the 1st of the month.
Fee awards are only processed upon receipt of notification from the department giving the award. However, due to the volume of awards to be processed, especially between August and October, there may be a delay in processing the award to your account. Therefore, please wait for a few weeks and it should be cleared.
If you have not received a payment which you are expecting please check that you have entered your bank details by logging in to the student finance section of the Student Records system. You must also be fully enrolled. If you are fully enrolled and have already entered your bank details please email email@example.com.
Yes, Part Time students are paid at a rate of 60% of their Full Time stipend.
If you hold a fee award this will be paid directly to the University.
Back to Current PGR Funding