Do you have a passion for promoting health through science? Are you interested in understanding complex problems in human health? Do you want to advocate for change and help to improve health outcomes for individuals and populations?
If the answer is yes then the BSc Health and Medical Sciences could be for you. New for 2020, our course is designed to enable students to address current local and global problems in health through the integrated perspectives of Health Science and Medical Science to create multi-disciplinary solutions.
- Non-communicable diseases
- Infectious disease
- Physical health
- Mental health
- Civil strife and displacement
We will teach you to understand the underpinning science, identify real-life solutions, enable their application and act as facilitators and analysts to make a valuable contribution and ultimately make a positive impact on our health in society.
Why study Health and Medical Sciences at Warwick?
- You will learn from highly regarded researchers who are experts in their field.
- You will develop a set of highly transferable skills that are sought after by employers, including:
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Ability to be able to synthesise evidence and information across disciplines and from multiple perspectives
- Team working
- Ability to construct novel solutions or transfer solutions across settings to solve problems
- Time management
- Project planning and delivery
- Digital literacy and the ability to scrutinise digital solutions from different viewpoints
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Advanced communication skills, including the ability to inform multiple and varied audience types
- You will benefit from a variety of teaching and assessment methods incorporating case-based learning, small group learning, technology enhanced learning and independent enquiry based learning.
- The University of Warwick is consistently ranked highly in university league tables:
- We are the 3rd most targeted university by the UK’s top 100 graduate employers (The Graduate Market in 2018, High Fliers Research Ltd)
- We are ranked 4th in Europe for teaching in The Times Higher Education (THE) teaching rankings with only Oxford, Cambridge and the Sorbonne ranked higher.
- We were ranked 7th overall among UK research universities in the most recent Research Excellence Framework.
Entry requirements: AAB, including at least one STEM subject (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, Applied Science, Environmental Science, Statistics or Geology)
UCAS code: B990
Award: Degree of Bachelor of Science
Duration: 3 years full time (30 weeks per year)
Starts: October 2020
Location of study: University of Warwick
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org