I am a postdoc Research Fellow in the Astronomy and Astrophysics group at the University of Warwick, working with Prof. Danny Steeghs on the Gravitational-Wave Optical Transient Observer (GOTO).
My research interests include
- » Electromagnetic follow-up of gravitational-wave events detected with LIGO-Virgo.
- » Short-duration gamma-ray bursts as sources of gravitational wave radiation
- » General time-domain astrophysics: contamination in optical surveys, survey design and optimization of scheduling.
- » Large-scale astronomy image processing and pipeline development for surveys.
- » Bayesian inference methods for joint analyses of gravitational-wave and electromagnetic information
I am currently involved in the following collaborations:
- » LIGO-Virgo Scientific Collaboration (LSC)
- » Gravitational-Wave Optical Transient Observer (GOTO)
- » Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence (OzGrav) -- Associate Investigator
- » Electromagnetic counterparts of gravitational wave sources at the Very Large Telescope (ENGRAVE)
- » Australian Telescope National Facility (ASKAP)
- » Cherenkov Telescope Array Consortium (CTA-Oz)
- » Large Synoptic Survey Telescope | Rubin Observatory (LSST)
For more information, check out my personal page at kendallackley.github.io
Department of Physics,
University of Warwick,
Coventry CV4 7AL
Office: A1.11 Millburn House
E-Mail: kendall.ackley `at' warwick.ac.uk