Terms of Reference
The aim of the UK Data Forum is provide strategic direction to the ongoing development and maintenance of a coherent and robust national data infrastructure for UK social and economic research.
To achieve this overall aim the UK Data Forum will:
· develop a clear view of the key data resources that are required to meet the future needs of social and economic research and research in related fields of interest;
· identify gaps in the current data infrastructure, and determine how those gaps might be closed;
· prioritise future data provision, including the balance between:
° enhancing access to existing datasets;
° maintaining ongoing support for major datasets of national importance;
° new data collection;
° 'sunsetting' of existing datasets.
· agree strategies for the co-ordinated co-funding of prioritised future data resources, as appropriate;
· agree training and capacity building initiatives to promote the effective analysis of data resources.