- Living in the generation of big data presents a wealth of multidisciplinary research challenges in how we understand the nature and uses of big data and the impact of data on our daily lives
- Our status as a founding member of the Alan Turing Institute places our researchers on a world stage
- Together with WMG, and in collaboration with all faculties, we will position the University as a leading research centre for data science, with a focus on health, manufacturing and transport
- Examples include behavioural economics, decision making, the construction of risk, challenges and opportunities posed by artificial intelligence, individual freedom, privacy vs. convenience, democratisation and smart cities
- Our research will contribute to the development of cyber security and artificial intelligence technologies and their impact on society
- This theme includes the challenge of how research embraces the digital agenda across all of our faculties
- Our research centres in this area include the Centre for Digital Inquiry, the Centre for Discrete Mathematics and its Applications, the Centre for Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy, Warwick Institute for the Science of Cities, the Centre for Research in Economic Theory and Applications, the Centre for Studies in Democratisation and Warwick Data Science Institute.
Data science is a key strength at Warwick. Our data research spans multiple disciplines, from maths, to astrophysics, to social science and the humanities. Warwick Data unites the University community, and showcases cutting-edge data science research, as we work to interrogate and understand data and the role it plays in all our lives. Discover more on our Warwick data website.