As part of the Chancellor's Commission, an independent inquiry investigating the role of the University in the local community, we are launching three competitions for students of the University of Warwick.
There are three categories, and students are welcome to submit applications to as many categories as they would like.
The essay competition has a top prize of £1,000, with two runner up prizes of £250. The video competition has a prize of £1,000, and the photo competition has five prizes of £100.
To submit an application or to find more information about each of the categories, please click on the link below:
Terms and Conditions:
1. Competition entries can be submitted by any person registered as a student of the University of Warwick on 18 December 2015.
2. Eligible entries are classed as:
- Essays written in English of no more than 3,000 words (excluding any footnotes included in the essay).
- Videos no longer than five minutes in length, which are deemed suitable for a University-wide competition with regard to language and content.
- Photos that are the original work of the student submitting the entry, which have not been entered to any other competition or exhibition.
3. We welcome individual, group and Society entries to the video competition. Entries should be submitted by a lead entrant, who must be registered as a student of the University of Warwick on 18 December 2015. Other entrants for group entries, or the name of the Society for Society entries, should be listed in the ‘Name of Society/additional entrants if applicable’ box. If the winning submission is a group entry, the prize money would be paid to the lead entrant. If the winning submission is a Society entry, the prize money would be paid to the Society. All communication would be between the Chancellor’s Commission and the lead entrant.
4. Entries should only be submitted using the online form, and files should be saved in a format including the student’s name and University ID number.
5. The closing date for all entries is midday Friday 18 December 2015.
6. Only one entry in each category can be submitted per person.
7. Submissions should be made online at www2.warwick.ac.uk/research/warwickcommission/chancellorscommission/studentcompetition
8. Work submitted should be the original work of the entrant. Standard University of Warwick rules on copyright and plagiarism apply.
9. The copyright of any essay, video and photograph submitted to the Chancellor’s Commission competition remain with the University of Warwick. The submission of an essay, video or photograph is done with the understanding that the University of Warwick and the Chancellor’s Commission have the right to copy and distribute the essay, video or photograph on The University of Warwick website, in the report of the Chancellor’s Commission as well as on other platforms.
10. The Chancellor’s Commission is unable to offer individual feedback to entrants.
11. The decision of the judges is final.
An essay of 2,000-3,000 words, on the theme: The University of Warwick – Supporting, Inspiring and Engaging a Region.
One prize of £1,000, and two prizes of £250.
A video of no more than 5 minutes on the theme: The University of Warwick – Supporting, Inspiring and Engaging a Region.
One prize of £1,000.
A photo focussing on the role of the University of Warwick in the local community.
Five prizes of £100.