Employment experiences offer valuable benefits to the employers hosting a student in their organisation. For example, at Warwick, our student population includes around 38% International students, who can bring diversity and a global perspective to your business.
In addition, employment experiences offer students a valuable insight into the world of work and help prepare them to make career choices or prepare for the transition to employment. With a little planning, it's win-win!
You've told us that the benefits of offering employment experience include:
- Improving the skills of new entrants to the industry
- Raising the profile of your career opportunities with current students
- Gaining fresh ideas and an external perspective from a student who can then potentially take on the project
- Increasing short-term resource on a project
- Developing management skills for your existing staff
- Meeting and informally testing potential future recruits - the idea of ‘try before you buy’
- Gaining enhanced standing, including fulfilling corporate social responsibility, diversity and Government agendas