As a Doctoral College we focus almost exclusively on postgraduate research students (including master’s students on a research degree).
Our aims are that:
• Warwick should be able to recruit and retain the best PGR students in the world;
• Warwick research students consistently say that the University meets (if not exceeds) their expectations;
• the Doctoral College is accessible and available when needed, and proactively intervening when appropriate; and
• the University recognises the strategic importance of research students to both education and research.
In the Doctoral College we support postgraduate researchers (PGRs) in a variety of ways:
- We enact decisions made by the Board of Graduate Studies which advises and makes recommendations to the Senate on all matters to do with PGRs in the University.
- We support the research degree examination process.
- We manage the awarding of main university scholarship funding.
- We support PGRs to develop their professional skills.
- We lead and contribute to PGRs in community-building events and activities.
- We monitor the PGR student experience through surveys and other means of evaluation.
- We support the work of other committees handling PGR casework such as academic appeals.
- We support initiatives to enable student international mobility.
- We provide information, advice, guidance and practical support to colleagues and students across the university on the many aspects of postgraduate research.
- We keep up to date on trends in PGR outside of Warwick to ensure that Warwick continues to deliver an excellent student experience.
If in doubt, ask the Doctoral College!
Our office is open from 9:30 – 16:30 (Mon-Thur) and 9:30 – 16:00 (Fri).
Professor Colin Sparrow, Warwick Mathematics Institute
Deputy Academic Director and Deputy Chair of the Board of Graduate Studies
Dr Kirsty Hooper, School of Modern Languages and Cultures
Rhiannon Martyn, Head of the Doctoral College
Michele Underwood, Research Development Manager
Stella Neophytou, Postgraduate Student Development Officer
Louise Sutcliffe (Job Share - Leave)
Tracy Horton, PGR Professional Development Officer
Kath Bown, Clerical Officer
Stella Neophytou, Postgraduate Scholarships
Nicola Ellis Thomas, Postgraduate Scholarships (Leave)
Mitzi Ward, Scholarships Officer
Susan Black, Postgraduate Scholarships Coordinator
Research Degree Examinations and Committees
Laura Larard, Administrative Officer
Helen Brown, Doctoral College Committee and Records Assistant
Molly Turner, Jayne Patience Research Degree Examinations Officer - Cover
Sarah Taylor, Research Degree Examinations Officer (Leave)