Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands before and after using any AV hardware or electronic devices
Please see the University guidance in relation to the Covid 19 Lecture Theatre/room checklist
Please also see the University Space Management guidance on CTTRs and associated floorplans/risk assessments
Finally, please see the following guidance on the provision of cleaning materials and CCS/SEAs duties
Tips on cleaning electronic equipment:
We have made a PDF version of the below guidanceLink opens in a new window to cover both Kyocera and HP MFDs in addition to AV hardware and more generic electronic devices.
- Use a lint-free cloth, such as a screen/wet wipe or a cloth made from microfibre
- Avoid excessive wiping and do not submerge items in cleanser to avoid damage
- Unplug all external power sources and cables (not applicable to in room on campus AV hardware)
- Do not use aerosol sprays (you can spray into the microfibre cloth though), bleach or abrasive chemical cleaners
- Ensure moisture does not get into any openings to avoid damage to sensitive electronics
- Never spray cleaner directly on an item, please use a microfibre cloth
- When using a wet wipe containing 70% alcohol, gently and carefully wipe the hard, nonporous surface of the item(s) and work surface. This includes the LCD/LED display, touchscreen, keyboard, mouse, lapel mic, visualiser and the exterior surface of the item(s). If you have concerns about the cleaning product being used, please refer to the manufacturer’s recommendations and any warning labels.
- When using a wet wipe, it is important to follow the contact time found on the label. It may be necessary to use more than one wipe to keep the surface wet for the recommended contact time.
- Do not use fabric or leather materials on items, as this can scratch or damage to the item, please use a microfibre cloth
What cleaning materials would we recommend?
The AV Services Team here at the University of Warwick has produced the following purchasing guidance around key recommended AV hardware for Video/Audio Conferencing, Universal Capture and the use of Microsoft Teams.
Other references and external sources:
Deep cleansing and disinfecting of microphones - activities to be undertaken at customer and colleagues own risk and discretion. No liability and support for this process is offered by ITS/AV Services.