- It should be noted that our suppliers are unable to source any Extron controllers or DSP's possibly until next year due to a world wide shortage. Where possible we will reuse existing parts and spares however no guarantees can be provided on delivery or installation lead times
- We apologise for the inconvenience and distress this will cause to our colleagues and customers
- Rest assured we will endeavour to deliver all outstanding current and new projects to the best of our ability in a hugely challenging domestic/global supply chain and staff resourcing environment
The Audio Visual Services team work to design and implement Audio Visual technology on campus. That includes everything from the Piazza Big Screen and Digital Signage to the University's video conferencing suites and Teaching and Learning Spaces.
We work with the Estates Office on new buildings and refurbishments to make sure all AV requirements are taken care of in each project and ensure costs are kept to a minimum, without compromising on quality or functionality. We design Audio Visual solutions which complement our centrally supported services, to ensure that staff and students have a consistent experience when using Audio Visual technology across campus.
We represent IT Services on the Teaching and Learning Spaces Development Group who oversee refurbishment projects in the University’s centrally timetabled rooms. We also work directly with departments on locally managed rooms to make sure that AV technology and systems are consistent, easy to use and reliable everywhere on campus.
"Please be aware that the provision of new Audio Visual Technology solutions is a complicated, labour intensive and very specialised activity. Involving significant technical expertise, complicated supply chains and subcontractors, capital expenditure, project management, implementation, quality assurance and financial due diligence/governance across multiple teams and services within the University.
We will work to guide and support you at every stage but we ask you to understand that the earlier we are aware of your requirements the better and that if requests are to be submitted late and have very short project completion lead times, then no guarantee on delivery or project completion deadlines can be provided."
Our approved supplier until 30/09/2023 for AV Products and Services is GVAV Ltd. Appointed under the NEUPC Framework Agreement they provide a full Audio Visual service covering supplies, system design, installation and maintenance.
We are of course very much aware that departments maintain longstanding historical relationships with other suppliers (Roche AV and Pure AV) in relation to the design, specification, installation and maintenance of AV solutions. In the first instance can we please ask that you seek a quote from GVAV Ltd, then of course feel free to speak to our colleagues in Procurement and Insurance Services if you feel that they have been unable to meet your needs and that you wish to pursue an Alternate Procurement Procedure (APP) or mini competition.
Register an AV project
If you have an AV project you’d like to register, please fill in our form. We’ll be in touch to discuss your requirements.
- Please be aware that AV Services build and design our technical solutions to a standard set of high quality, highly capable and supportable hardware and software solutions that offer value for money and operational longevity - thus we (AV Services) cannot and will not support on a Business As Usual (BAU) basis anything that falls below these standards.
- Please note that large scale requirements for any AV equipment and/or installations will be subject further competition and managed in close partnership with Procurement and Insurance Services. Please allow sufficient surplus time into your project planning and delivery lead times to factor this in.
Our lecterns are jam-packed with the latest in teaching tech. Wireless mics, visualisers, lecture capture, PCs and wireless screen casting are all operated via a single touchscreen control. This AV technology provides a wealth of choice and collaborative possibilities.
We can offer advice on the design of meeting spaces. Audio Visual equipment can be integrated, can be portable or fully integrated within the furniture. We can also recommend a range of wireless tools which remove the need for cabling and allow you to present from anywhere in the room.
Social Learning Spaces
We work closely with Estates and project Architects to implement technology within social learning spaces . Power and WiFi are often essential requirements for students, which can be incorporated into furniture to create high quality learning environments which become an extension of the classroom.
We've installed a range of Video Conferencing suites. These facilities provide a high quality video and audio link for remote meetings and conferences, ideal for large groups of attendees.