The Amalgamated Society of Drillers and Holecutters was formed in 1896 by the merger of the United Society of Drillers and Hole Cutters of Hartlepool, the Cleveland Drillers' and Hole Cutters' Society and the Amalgamated Society of Drillers of Stockton-on-Tees. It merged with the Shipconstructive and Shipwrights' Association in 1910.
A list of members transferring to the new union appears in the 1910 annual report of the Shipconstructive and Shipwrights' Association (MSS.192/AS/4/2/17). Name, age and branch transferred to are listed.
The membership register of the Shipconstructive and Shipwrights' Association covering 1910 (MSS.192/AS/5/1/4) also includes details of all transferring members. Information includes name, date of joining, date of death, age, place of birth, marital status, wife's name, wife's age, employer, number of years at trade, employer with which apprenticeship served and length of apprenticeship.