Bursaries towards opportunities in Canada or the USA this summer!
Due to the daily evolving situation regarding Coronavirus, the extended deadline you may have heard about has been withdrawn for now.
Please sign up for the Short Term Mobility Mailing List to be kept updated of future funding opportunities.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible for this opportunity you must be a fully enrolled UG or PG student, not in your final year. Preference will be given to those who will not have the opportunity to undertake an international experience during the course of their degree.
How to Apply?
1. Undertake research and decide which of these three opportunities you are interested in. Please note that once the bursary is confirmed you may need to apply direct to the organisations. Instructions will be provided at point of decision.
2. Complete Application Form to apply for bursary here by 08:00 on 2 March 2020
3. Arrange for completion of the Reference Form by a member of staff who supports your application by 12:00 on 2 March 2020 [Please note, we are aware that some students are experiencing difficulties with obtaining references. References, where provided will be considered but applications without references will not be disadvantaged.]
4. If you applied for the first round of the short term bursary and a reference was submitted previously, this reference can be used again in respect of this application.
5. If you have been successful in securing a bursary, you will be contacted by e-mail on 13 March to make you an offer.
The following steps will be:
- Sign a contract accepting the bursary, provide proof of your place/activity and submit your bank details.
- Your bursary will then be processed and you will receive 50% of the bursary.
- The remaining 50% shall be paid upon submission of an A3 poster showcasing your experience and a 1 page impact statement following your experience. You will be invited to attend the poster showcase event during Autumn Term 2020 and we would strongly encourage you to attend.
STUDENTS ARE ONLY ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE FUNDING TOWARDS
ONE SHORT TERM MOBILITY EXPERIENCE THIS ACADEMIC YEAR
For further details on other funded opportunities that will be available click here