Explore our Executive Diploma in Advanced Management
The Executive Diploma in Advanced Management has been expertly designed for business leaders and senior managers. Study at Warwick Business School at The Shard, and invest in your leadership development at your own pace.
Balancing your career, personal life, and finding time to study and progress in your career isn't easy. That's why we've designed the Warwick Leadership Pathways to work around you and your organisation.
The Executive Diploma in Advanced Management allows you to invest in your leadership development, at your own pace. You can choose your own path through our varied Postgraduate Awards. Our four-day Postgraduate Awards offer bite-sized learning with practical application. Covering a wide range of subjects, you'll build your leadership skills and knowledge in key business topics.
Choose any combination of our Postgraduate Awards from across the portfolio, plus the assessed Project Module (40 credits) to achieve your Executive Diploma in Advanced Management.
General entry requirements
Participants who will gain most from the programme may be facing strategic challenges within their organisation which need outside inputs and new thinking, and/or who wish to address areas within their own development to help them get to the next level of performance. Applications are encouraged from a wide cross-section of industry sectors, both commercial and non-profit/public sector, and business functions.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who can demonstrate that their experience and responsibilities will allow them to take an active part in discussions and benefit fully from the programme.
Successful applicants are expected to have at least 5 years of management experience that reflects the contribution and impact they have made as a leader in their career so far. Final admission decisions will be made by the Programme Director and Admissions Committee.
English language requirements
You can find out more about our English language requirementsLink opens in a new window. This course requires the following:
- Band B
- IELTS overall score of 7.0, minimum component scores of two at 6.0/6.5 and the rest at 7.0 or above.
All of our courses are delivered in English so, if English is not your first language, you have not graduated from an English speaking university or worked in an English speaking environment for at least two years you must demonstrate a minimum overall standard in the following recognised tests of English. The certificate will be required as evidence.
We welcome applications from students with other internationally recognised qualifications.
For more information, please visit the international entry requirements pageLink opens in a new window.
There are no additional entry requirements for this course.
The programme is delivered in four modules of your choice, each over four days at WBS London, so you don’t need to divert from your usual responsibilities at work. Upon successful completion you will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Management from the University of Warwick.
The four Postgraduate Awards that you choose to study will build and develop new leadership thinking and transform your strategic understanding enabling you to utilise your new learning immediately in your own organisation between modules as well as through your Project Module.
You can choose for your modules to be taught between a one and five year period, depending on the pace that works for you.
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Enhancing Customer Centricity and the Customer Voice
- Driving Digital Transformation within Sales
- Innovation Strategy, Process, and Culture
- Enhancing Customer Centricity and the Customer Voice
- The Strategic Mindset of Leadership
- Developing Executive Leadership
- Leading an Agile and Resilient Organisation
- Leading People Through Change and Disruption
- Business Impacts of Artificial Intelligence
- Behavioural Science for Consumers and Markets
- Behavioural Science for Ethical Leaders and Negotiators
- Behavioural Science for Organisations and Innovation
- Behavioural Science in the Real World
- Business Analytics for Executives
- Leading Digital Transformation
- Platform Strategy
- Creating Strategic Advantage
- Strategic Choices
- Strategy Execution
You can also choose to study any of the above modules individually as a Postgraduate Award with variable start dates throughout the year. These Postgraduate Awards run across four days of face-to-face teaching at our London base in The Shard, with a six week window to complete your assignments. Successful completion of three Postgraduate Awards will grant you a Postgraduate Certificate.
Executive level learning at The Shard
WBS’s London location on the 17th and 13th floors of the iconic Shard building, in the heart of one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities, combines facilities specifically designed for executive-level learning, with easy access to London’s international airports and transport hubs.
- Peer networks and debate: Questioning, discussion and debate with a support network of peers as well as truly interactive relationships with teaching faculty
- Bespoke distance learning platform: Inter-modular support from the my.wbs platform, which is used to deliver our Distance learning MBA
- Guest speakers and practitioners: relevant and relate-able speakers from industry and practice will feature within each individual module
- Personal development and action learning: Utilising reflective practice, psychometric tools and analysis as well as learning through doing.
This Diploma cohorts typically consist of between 15 and 20 participants.
Typical contact hours
Four full-day workshops per module.
You will be required to complete written assessments, plus a further strategic project. All assignments are designed to be directly related to your own organisational context and challenges. In order to gain the qualification of Postgraduate Diploma awarded by the University of Warwick, you will need to attend all four taught modules, and pass the assessment in each module and your project.
Whether you are looking to grow and develop within your current organisation, or transition into a different career path, Warwick Business School’s CareersPlus team will support you throughout your Executive Diploma and beyond to ensure that you achieve your full potential.
Executive Diploma CareersPlus resources include:
- A one-to-one career consultation with one of Warwick Business School’s highly-trained CareersPlus experts
- Access to careers workshops, sharing the latest thinking on career management
- Skills webinars covering topics such as Salary Negotiation, Assertiveness Skills, Managing Workplace Politics, The 2 Hour Job Search, and The First 90 Days
- Expert insights from guest speakers
- Recruiter events and opportunities
- Unlimited access to Warwick Business School’s professional networks.
Warwick Business School
If you’re interested in the bigger picture, comfortable challenging assumptions and want a degree that will open doors, then WBS is the place for you. We will give you the foundation for change and prepare you for your future career. Are you ready to make your mark in the world of business?
The vision of WBS is to be Europe’s leading University-based Business School, developing transformational ideas and people that shape how we do business. We recognise that rankings are one way to profile our progress towards fulfilling this vision, and are proud to participate in the major global business education rankings.
- Masters in Marketing & Strategy - 2nd in the UK and 11th in the world
- Masters in Business Analytics - 3rd in the UK and 17th in the world
- Masters in Management - 4th in the UK and 22nd in the world
- Masters in Finance - 6th in the UK and 21st in the world
Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking 2022
- 27th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Financial Times Masters in Finance Ranking 2022
- 12th in the world, 3rd in the UK
Financial Times’ Online MBA ranking 2023
- 2nd in the world for our Distance Learning MBA
Our Postgraduate Taught courses
- Advanced Management (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Behavioural Science (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Digital Leadership (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Marketing Leadership (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Strategic Leadership & Change (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Strategy & Innovation (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
Our Postgraduate Research courses
Fees and funding
The 2024 fees for the Executive Diploma in Advanced Management is £18,550. There are also a number of scholarships and bursaries available for candidates enrolling on the Warwick Executive Diplomas in 2024.
Scholarships covering up to a maximum of 50% of tuition fees are available for high calibre candidates. Bursaries and fee reductions are also available to a range of applicants. Scholarship applications will be considered throughout the application cycle, on a first-come first-served basis, therefore early application is encouraged.
Find out how to apply to us, ask your questions, and find out more.
How to Apply
All applications for our Executive Diplomas must be submitted on our online application portal.
Choosing where and what to study is a big decision and one of the best ways to help you decide is by meeting us in person, or online.