Explore our Marketing Leadership taught Postgraduate Diploma.
The Executive Diploma in Marketing Leadership has been expertly designed for business leaders and senior managers. Study at Warwick Business School at The Shard, and learn how to become a great marketing leader.
Enhance your strategic marketing knowledge and expertise. Learn how to become a great marketing leader in your company, from some of the leading experts in marketing theory and practice.
With various study options available to you as part of The Warwick Leadership Pathways you can choose to study a single Postgraduate Award, build up to a Postgraduate Certificate or a full Diploma allowing you to design your own development experience. Whether you’re looking for a quick up-skill, or a longer-term leadership journey, you can choose the path that best suits your personal needs.
Each individual Award, Certificate and Diploma is fully-accredited by the University of Warwick, meaning you walk away with a recognised postgraduate qualification.
General entry requirements
Participants who will gain most from the programme may be facing strategic challenges within their organisation which need outside inputs and new thinking, and/or who wish to address areas within their own development to help them get to the next level of performance. Applications are encouraged from a wide cross-section of industry sectors, both commercial and non-profit/public sector, and business functions.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who can demonstrate that their experience and responsibilities will allow them to take an active part in discussions and benefit fully from the programme.
Successful applicants are expected to have at least 5 years of management experience that reflects the contribution and impact they have made as a leader in their career so far. Final admission decisions will be made by the Programme Director and Admissions Committee.
English language requirements
You can find out more about our English language requirementsLink opens in a new window. This course requires the following:
- Band B
- IELTS overall score of 7.0, minimum component scores of two at 6.0/6.5 and the rest at 7.0 or above
All of our courses are delivered in English so, if English is not your first language, you have not graduated from an English speaking university or worked in an English speaking environment for at least two years you must demonstrate a minimum overall standard in the following recognised tests of English. The certificate will be required as evidence.
We welcome applications from students with other internationally recognised qualifications.
For more information, please visit the international entry requirements pageLink opens in a new window.
There are no additional entry requirements for this course.
If you choose to study the Executive Diploma in Marketing Leadership you will study four modules over four days at WBS London, The Shard.
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Enhancing Customer Centricity and the Customer Voice
- Driving Digital Transformation within Sales
- Innovation Strategy, Process, and Culture.
You can also choose to study any of the above modules indvidually as a Postgraduate Award with variable start dates throughout the year. These Postgraduate Awards run across four days of face-to-face teaching at our London base in The Shard, with a six week window to complete your assignments. Successful completion of three Postgraduate Awards will grant you a Postgraduate Certificate.
Executive level learning at The Shard
WBS’s London location on the 17th and 13th floors of the iconic Shard building, in the heart of one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities, combines facilities specifically designed for executive-level learning, with easy access to London’s international airports and transport hubs.
- Peer networks and debate: Questioning, discussion, and debate with a support network of peers as well as truly interactive relationships with teaching faculty
- Bespoke distance learning platform: Inter-modular support from the my.wbs platform, which is used to deliver our Distance learning MBA
- Guest speakers and practitioners: relevant and relate-able speakers from industry and practice will feature within each individual module
- Personal development and action learning: Utilising reflective practice, psychometric tools and analysis as well as learning through doing.
This Diploma cohorts typically consist of between 15 and 20 participants.
Typical contact hours
Four full-day workshops per module.
You will be required to complete written assessments, plus a further strategic project. All assignments are designed to be directly related to your own organisational context and challenges. In order to gain the qualification of Postgraduate Diploma awarded by the University of Warwick, you will need to attend all four taught modules, and pass the assessment in each module and your project.
Whether you are looking to grow and develop within your current organisation, or transition into a different career path, Warwick Business School’s CareersPlus team will support you throughout your Executive Diploma and beyond to ensure that you achieve your full potential.
Executive Diploma CareersPlus resources include:
- A one-to-one career consultation with one of Warwick Business School’s highly-trained CareersPlus experts
- Access to careers workshops, sharing the latest thinking on career management
- Skills webinars covering topics such as Salary Negotiation, Assertiveness Skills, Managing Workplace Politics, The 2 Hour Job Search, and The First 90 Days
- Expert insights from guest speakers
- Recruiter events and opportunities
- Unlimited access to Warwick Business School’s professional networks.
Warwick Business School
If you’re interested in the bigger picture, comfortable challenging assumptions and want a degree that will open doors, then WBS is the place for you. We will give you the foundation for change and prepare you for your future career. Are you ready to make your mark in the world of business?
The vision of WBS is to be Europe’s leading University-based Business School, developing transformational ideas and people that shape how we do business. We recognise that rankings are one way to profile our progress towards fulfilling this vision, and are proud to participate in the major global business education rankings.
- 4th in the UK and 16th in the world - Financial Times Masters in Finance Pre-experience Ranking 2023
- 6th in the UK and 19th in the world - QS Business Masters Rankings 2024
- 1st in the UK and 18th in the world - Economist/WhichMBA - 2021 Masters in Management biennial ranking
- 2nd in the UK and 28th in the world - Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking 2023
- 3rd in the UK and 18th in the world - QS Business Masters Rankings 2024
MSc Marketing & Strategy
- 2nd in the UK and 9th in the world - QS Business Masters Rankings 2024
MSc Business Analytics
- 2nd in the UK and 14th in the world - QS Business Masters Rankings 2024
Our Postgraduate Taught courses
- Accounting and Finance (MSc)
- Business Analytics (MSc)
- Business and Finance (MSc)
- Business with Marketing (MSc)
- Business with Operations Management (MSc)
- Finance (MSc)
- Finance and Economics (MSc)
- Global Central Banking and Financial Regulation (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- Management (MSc)
- Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation (MSc)
- Marketing and Strategy (MSc)
- Mathematical Finance (MSc)
- Advanced Management (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Behavioural Science (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Digital Leadership (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Marketing Leadership (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Strategic Leadership & Change (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
- Strategy & Innovation (PGA/PGCert/PGDip)
Our Postgraduate Research courses
Fees and funding
The 2024 fees for the Executive Diploma in Marketing Leadership is £18,550. There are also a number of scholarships and bursaries available for candidates enrolling on the Warwick Executive Diplomas in 2024.
Scholarships covering up to a maximum of 50% of tuition fees are available for high-calibre candidates. Bursaries and fee reductions are also available to a range of applicants. Scholarship applications will be considered throughout the application cycle, on a first-come first-served basis, therefore early application is encouraged.
Scholarships and bursaries
Read more about our Warwick Executive Diploma scholarships on our Warwick Business School web pages.
Our Warwick Executive Diploma scholarships fall into three categories:
Change Makers’ Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding candidates who will add significant value to the Executive Diploma cohort, and/or who require financial assistance to realise their learning goals.
Inspiring Women in Leadership Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding female candidates and male candidates who have made positive contributions to developing women in leadership.
Inspiring Diversity in Leadership Scholarship
Awarded to outstanding candidates from diverse backgrounds, including under-represented nationalities and sectors, with an emphasis on Key Workers and NHS personnel.
Find out more about the cost of living as a postgraduate student at the University of Warwick.
Find out how to apply to us, ask your questions, and find out more.
How to Apply
All applications for our Executive Diplomas must be submitted on our online application portal.
Choosing where and what to study is a big decision and one of the best ways to help you decide is by meeting us in person, or online.