Disclaimer: Please note that you may download, present and print these papers for teaching purposes or personal use only. No part of these slides may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose, even where there is no direct commercial gain, without receiving the explicit written permission of the author. You must not incorporate this material, or any part of it, in any work or publication, whether in paper copy or electronic or any other form without the permission of the author.
Click on the title to view the presentation.
Alternatively, if you have Macromedia Flash Player, you can view the presentations online.
- "Salt: update on impact of salt on CVD burden and global initiatives to lower salt intake" EuroPrevent, Ljubljana, Slovenia 
- "Sleep duration and cardiovascular risk: what's the evidence from observational studies?" EuroPrevent, Ljubljana, Slovenia 
"Sleep duration and quality: Relationships with glucose levels and opportunities for intervention" Diabetes UK, ExCel, London 
- "Keynote Speech: Salt intake, blood pressure and cardiovascular disease" Indian Society of Hypertension, New Delhi, India 
- "Salt targets - is low salt better?" Hypertension: state of the art 2017, Royal College of Physicians, London 
- "Sodium and cardiovascular disease" Ethnicity and hypertension in a changing Europe, ESH Satellite Symposium, Florence, Italy 
- "Keynote Address: Healthy sleep"British Sleep Society, Brighton 
- "Short sleep, mortality and morbidity: epidemiological findings" Is today's society sleep deprived? Royal Society of Medicine, London 
- "The Salt Affair" From arterial hypertension to heart disease, Federico II University of Naples, Naples, Italy 
- 'Keynote Speech: Sodium and potassium intake for stroke prevention: evidence and opportunities" presented at the 10th Annual Stroke Update Conference, Brighton 
- "Sleep, Health & Society: the contribution of epidemiology" presented at the 2016 Sleep Summit, London O2 
- "Why is there controversy about the benefit of moderate dietary salt reduction in populations?" presented at Pulse of Asia, Seoul, South Korea 
- "Lowering salt intake and cardiovascular risk reduction: what is the evidence?" presented at the 26th Scientific Meeting of the ISH, Seoul, South Korea 
- "Low salt intake saves lives" presented at the Annual Meeting of the British Hypertension Society, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, Republic of Ireland 
"Hypertension control: perspectives for Africa" presented at the European Society of Hypertension, Paris, France 
"Salt consumption and cardiovascular disease: from etiology to prevention" presented at the 53rd Congress of the ERA-EDTA, Vienna, Austria 
- "Salt: myths and reality" presented at the 19th Hellenic Congress of Nephrology, Kalamata, Greece 
- "State of the Art: Salt and health outcomes" presented at the WHO European Salt Action Network, Lisbon, Portugal 
- "Methods to measure salt intake at individual level: gold standard, proxy and calibration need" presented at the WHO European Salt Action Network, Lisbon, Portugal 
- "Sleep and health" presented at Wageningen University, The Netherlands 
- "Population salt reduction in the UK: history and evaluation" presented at the Norwegian Salt Partnership Launch Meeting, Oslo, Norway 
- "The ‘good buy’ diet: what works in practice" presented at the Annual Meeting of the British Hypertension Society, Stratford-upon-Avon 
- "State of the Art in environmental determinants of blood pressure" presented at the European Society of Cardiology, London 
- "Reduction in salt consumption in Europe: a 'preventive' and 'economic' imperative" presented at the Meeting of Expert Reference Group for European NCD Action Plan, Copenhagen, Denmark 
- "Global burden of hypertension" presented at Hypertension: State of the Art 2015, RCP in London 
- "Salt and inequality" presented at the European Salt Action Network in Athens, Greece 
- "The role of salt reduction in patients with diabetes" presented at the 25th European Meeting on Hypertension and Cardiovascular Protection (ESH) in Milan, Italy 
- "Sodium and potassium intake: facts, issues and controversies. Nutritional and public health perspectives" presented at Nestle' Research Centre, Lausanne, Switzerland 
- "The silent killer - but does salt reduction affect mortality?" presented at the ESC (European Society of Cardiology) Meeting, Barcelona, Spain 
"Sleep disturbances and cardio-metabolic risk: evidence and opportunities" presented at the Aging & Sleep International Meeting, Lyon, France 
"Southeast Asian Diaspora" presented at the Joint Meeting ESH-ISH Hypertension 2014, Athens, Greece 
- "Sleep deprivation and chronic disease: an epidemiological view" presented at the Sleep Medicine Grand Round, Harvard Medical School in Boston, USA .
- "Cardiovascular and other effects of salt consumption" presented at the Annual Meeting of the Turkish Society of Hypertension & Renal Disease in Antalya, Turkey .
- "Is disordered sleep a behavioral risk factor for type 2 diabetes?" presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Diabetic Association in Chicago, USA .
- "Policy options for a population reduction in salt intake to prevent cardiovascular disease" presented at the Annual Meeting of the Turkish Society of Hypertension & Renal Disease in Antalya, Turkey .
- "The epidemiology of hypertension and current treatment challenges" presented at the 1st UK Symposium on Renal Denervation, RCP, in London 
- "Sleep disturbances and risk of type 2 diabetes" presented at the 2nd Annual Meeting of the Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease Study group of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) in Cluj-Napoca, Romania 
- "Salt and chronic disease" presented at the Annual Meeting of the Unilever Health Institute in Brussels, Belgium 
- "Sleep and obesity: does the egg come before the chicken?" presented at the Spanish Society of Endocrinology & Diabetes in Zaragoza (Spain) 
- "Salt intake, blood pressure and cardiovascular disease" presented at the Italian Society of Hypertension (SIIA) in Rome (Italy) 
- "Reduction in medical error rates when implementing a 48h EWTD-compliant rota for junior doctors in the UK: a single-blind intervention study" presented at the NHS Workforce National Final Countdown in London 
- "Sleep deprivation and chronic disease" presented at the British Hypertension Masterclass in Warwick 
- "Short sleep duration is associated with hypertension only among women: a population-based study" presented at the European Society for Sleep Research in Glasgow 
- "Who fails to achieve blood pressure and lipid targets - patients or doctors?" presented at the British Hypertension Society Primary Care Meeting in Manchester 
- "Body size and blood pressure: a collaborative analysis of 18,072 participants from Africa and the African diaspora" presented at the American Heart Association Council on Epidemiology & Prevention in Orlando (USA) 
- "A prospective study of change in sleep duration: association with mortlity in the Whitehall II cohort" presented at the British Sleep Society in Cambridge 
- "Ethnic influences on stroke risk" presented at the British Hypertension Society Masterclass in Leicester 
- "Blood pressure reduction with statins: meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials" presented at the European Society of Hypertension in Madrid (Spain) and the British Hypertension Society in Cambridge 
- "Non-pharmacological prevention and management of hypertension. A global perspective" presented at the 3rd Baltic-Nordic Meeting on Hypertension in Vilnius (Lithuania)
- "Nutrition and Blood Pressure in West Africa" presented at the State University of New York at Buffalo (USA) 
- "Blood Pressure Control by Home Monitoring" presented at the European Society of Hypertension in Paris 
- "Metabolic syndrome and renal sodium handling in three ethnic groups living in England" presented at the European Society of Hypertension in Paris