Ruqayya is a PhD student based in the Tissue Image Analytics (TIA) lab within the Computer Science Department - University of Warwick. She is working under the supervision of Prof. Nasir Rajpoot on the analysis of multi-gigapixel digitized pathology images.
Ruqayya's research is funded by the Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarship.
- Awan, Ruqayya, et al. "Glandular structure-guided classification of microscopic colorectal images using deep learning." Computers & Electrical Engineering (2019): 106450.
- Awan, Ruqayya, Somaya Al-Maadeed, and Rafif Al-Saady. "Using spectral imaging for the analysis of abnormalities for colorectal cancer: When is it helpful?." PloS one 13.6 (2018): e0197431.
- Awan, Ruqayya, et al. "Glandular Morphometrics for Objective Grading of Colorectal Adenocarcinoma Histology Images." Scientific reports 7.1 (2017): 16852.
Bejnordi, Babak Ehteshami, et al. "Diagnostic assessment of deep learning algorithms for detection of lymph node metastases in women with breast cancer." Jama 318.22 (2017): 2199-2210. Listed in Consortium Authors.
- Awan, Ruqayya, and Kashif Rajpoot. "Spatial and spatio-temporal feature extraction from 4D echocardiography images." Computers in biology and medicine 64 (2015): 138-147.
- Awan, Ruqayya, and Nasir Rajpoot. "Deep Autoencoder Features for Registration of Histology Images." Annual Conference on Medical Image Understanding and Analysis. Springer, Cham, 2018.
- Awan, Ruqayya, et al. "Context-Aware Learning Using Transferable Features for Classification of Breast Cancer Histology Images." International Conference Image Analysis and Recognition. Springer, Cham, 2018.
- Awan, Ruqayya, et al. "How divided is a cell? Eigenphase nuclei for classification of mitotic phase in cancer histology images." Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI), 2016 IEEE-EMBS International Conference on. IEEE, 2016.
- Awan, Ruqayya, and Kashif Rajpoot. "Investigation of 3D and 4D Feature Extraction from Echocardiography Images Using Local Phase Based Method." Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), 2014 12th International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- Research Assistant | Qatar University | Oct 2015- Sep 2017
- Research Projects
- Novel Prognostic Biomarkers for Colorectal Cancer via Computerized Analysis of Highly Multiplexed Protein Fluorescence Image Data
- Automated Classification and Diagnosis of Tissue Patterns in Colorectal Tumors using Non Visible Multispectral lmagery
- Camelyon16 Challenge: Breast Cancer Metastases Detection in Lymph Nodes
- Research Projects
- Software Quality Assurance | NAMAL College, Pakistan | July 2015- Sep 2015
- Software Quality Assurance | National University of Science and Technology, Pakistan | Feb 2015- June 2015
- PhD in CS | 2017-2021 | Department of Computer Science at University of Warwick, UK
- MSCS | 2012-2015 | National University of Science and Technology (NUST), Pakistan
- BSCS | 2006-2010 | PMAS Arid Agriculture University, Pakistan