My name is Zheng Fang and I'm a third-year Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Computer Science. My supervisors are Prof Rob Procter and Prof Yulan He. My research mainly focuses on the development of topic modeling tools in social media, especially the tools that can benefit sociological research in social data. Besides, I'm also interested in other natural language processing topics.
- The University of Nottingham, BSc (Hons) in Software engineering in the first class.
- The University of Warwick, MSc in Data Analytics in the distinction class.
- 2019-2020, teaching assistant, CS909-15 Data Mining.
- 2020-2021, teaching assistant, CS910-15 Foundations of Data Analytics.
- 2020-2021, teaching assistant, CS909-15 Data Mining.
- China Scholarship Council (CSC).
- 2020 WPCCS best presentation award in machine learning.
- Zheng Fang, Yulan He, and Rob Procter. A query-driven topic model. ACL Findings, 2021.
- Lixing Zhu, Gabriele Pergola, Zheng Fang, Robert Procter, Yulan He. Disentangled Learning of Stance and Aspect Topics for Vaccine Attitude Detection in Social Media. NAACL, 2022.
- A User-Centered, Interactive, Human-in-the-Loop Topic Modelling System (With Rob Procter, Yulan He, Alqazlan Lama, Du Liu). Targeting EMNLP 2022.
- Identify Patent Value Using Semi-Supervised Topic Modelling: An Application in Synthetic Biology (With Du Liu). Presented at 1st Economics of Financial Technology Conference (scheduled, 05/2022).
- 2021-2022, Oxford Go Lab, research assistant, "Machine Learning in Support of Systematic Review".