We develop probabilistic topic models for discovering thematic structure and extracting topics from text. Work carried out in this area including joint topic and topic-specific embedding learning, topic disentanglement, neural topic models with adversarial learning, joint topic and discourse detection in microblog conversations, viewpoint and perspective detection in tweets and political debates.
Zheng Fang, Lin Gui, Gabriele Pergola, Runcong Zhao, Lixing Zhu
- Z. Fang, Y. He and R. Procter. Query-Driven Topic Model, ACL Findings, 2021.
- G. Pergola, L. Gui and Y. He. A Disentangled Adversarial Neural Topic Model for Separating Opinions from Plots in User Reviews, Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL), Jun. 2021.
- L. Zhu, Y. He and D. Zhou. A Neural Generative Model for Joint Learning Topics and Topic-Specific Word Embeddings. Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL), accepted. [code]
- R. Wang, X. Hu, D. Zhou, Y. He, Y. Xiong, C. Ye and H. Xu. Neural Topic Modeling with Bidirectional Adversarial Training. 2020 Annual Conference of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Jul. 2020.
- J. Zeng, J. Li, Y. He, C. Gao, M. Lyu and I. King. What Changed Your Mind: The Roles of Dynamic Topics and Discourse in Argumentation Process. The Web Conference (WWW), Taipei, Apr. 2020.
- R. Wang, D. Zhou and Y. He. Optimising topic coherence with Weighted Polya Urn scheme. Neurocomputing, 385:329-339, 2020.
- L. Gui, J. Leng, G. Pergola, Y. Zhou, R. Xu and Y. He. Neural Topic Model with Reinforcement Learning. Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), Hong Kong, China, Nov. 2019.
- R. Wang, D. Zhou and Y. He. ATM: Adversarial-neural Topic Model. Information Processing and Management, 56(6):102098, 2019.
- J. Zeng, J. Li, Y. He, C. Gao, M. Lyu, I. King. What You Say and How You Say it: Joint Modeling of Topics and Discourse in Microblog Conversations. Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL), 7:267-281, 2019.
- L. Zhu, Y. He and D. Zhou. Hierarchical Viewpoint Discovery from Tweets Using Bayesian Modelling. Expert Systems with Applications, 116:430-438, 2019.
- D. Vilares and Y. He. Detecting Perspectives in Political Debates. The 14th International Conference on Empirical Methods on Natural Language Processing (EMNLP), Copenhagen, Denmark, Sep. 2017.
- J. Li, M. Liao, W. Gao, Y. He and K.-F. Wong. Topic Extraction from Microblog Posts Using Conversation Structures, The 54th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Berlin, Germany, Aug. 2016.