I am a PhD student in the Astronomy and Astrophysics group at the University of Warwick working with my supervisor, Prof. Don Pollacco.
My research focuses on the discovery and characterisation of exoplanets via the transit method. In particular I focus on monotransits, exoplanets which transit their host star just once during our observations. To this end I am using data from the TESS mission to identify monotransit candidates. These candidates then require careful follow-up for which I am part of NGTS, a world-leading ground-based photometry telescope. I am also involved in creating realistic simulations predicting the yield and demographics of TESS monotransit detections based on the latest satellite specifications.
First author (most recent first)
- An examination of the effect of the TESS extended mission on southern hemisphere monotransits - Benjamin F. Cooke, Don Pollacco and Daniel Bayliss (A&A 2019)
- Single site observations of TESS single transit detections - Benjamin F. Cooke, Don Pollacco, Richard West et al. (A&A 2018)
Co-author (most recent first)
- NGTS-6b: An Ultra Hot-Jupiter Orbiting a Metal-rich star - Jose I. Vines, James S. Jenkins, Jack S. Acton et al. (inc. Benjamin F. Cooke) (MNRAS 2019)
- NGTS-4b: A sub-Neptune Transiting in the Desert - Richard G. West, Edward Gillen, Daniel Bayliss et al. (inc. Benjamin F. Cooke) (MNRAS 2019)
- NGTS-5b: a highly inflated planet offering insights into the sub-Jovian desert - Philipp Eigmüller, Alexander Chaushev, Edward Gillen et al. (inc. Benjamin F. Cooke) (A&A 2019)
HD 213885b: A transiting 1-day-period super-Earth with an Earth-like composition around a bright (V=7.9) star unveiled by TESS - Néstor Espinoza, Rafael Brahm, Thomas Henning et al. (inc. Benjamin F. Cooke) (MNRAS 2019)
- HD 219666 b: a hot-Neptune from TESS Sector 1 - M. Esposito, D.J. Armstrong, D. Gandolfi et al. (inc. B. Cooke) (A&A 2018)
NGTS-2b: An inflated hot-Jupiter transiting a bright F-dwarf - Liam Raynard, Michael R. Goad, Edward Gillen et al. (inc. Benjamin F. Cooke) (MNRAS 2018)
Unmasking the hidden NGTS-3Ab: a hot Jupiter in an unresolved binary system - Maximilian N. Günther, Didier Queloz, Edward Gillen et al. (inc. Benjamin F. Cooke) (MNRAS 2018)
The masses of retired A stars with asteroseismology: Kepler and K2 observations of exoplanet hosts - Thomas S.H. North, Tiago L. Campante, Andrea Miglio et al. (inc. Benjamin F. Cooke) (MNRAS 2017)
Weighing in on the masses of retired A stars with asteroseismology: K2 observations of the exoplanet-host star HD 212771 - Tiago L. Campante, Dimitri Veras, Thomas S.H. North et al. (inc. Benjamin F. Cooke) (MNRAS 2017)