I'm Ry, a PhD student at the University of Warwick studying astronomy and astrophysics. My supervisor is Danny Steeghs and my project focuses primarily on GOTO in search for the optical counterpart to gravitational waves. My research interests revolve around compact objects and rapid identification of transients.
See my publication history: NASA ADS search link
- Gompertz, B.P., Cutter, R., et al."Searching for Electromagnetic Counterparts to Gravitational-wave Merger Events with the Prototype Gravitational-wave Optical Transient Observer (GOTO-4)" arXiv preprint arXiv:2004.00025 (2020).
- ENGRAVE Collaboration."Observational constraints on the optical and near-infrared emission from the neutron star-black hole binary merger S190814bv." arXiv preprint arXiv:2002.01950 (2020).
- Abbot, B. P., et al. "Multi-messenger observations of a binary neutron star merger." Astrophysical Journal Letters 848 (2017).
- Borisov, G., et al. "Rotational variation of the linear polarization of the asteroid (3200) Phaethon as evidence for inhomogeneity in its surface properties." Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society: Letters 480.1 (2018): L131-L135.
- Cutter, R., et al. "LIGO/Virgo S200213t: No notable candidates in GOTO imaging" GRB Coordinates Network, Circular Service, No. 27069, # 1 (2020) 27069 (2020).
- Steeghs, D., Cutter, R., et al. "GRB 171205A: GOTO detection of the optical counterpart." GRB Coordinates Network, Circular Service, No. 22190, # 1 (2017) 22190 (2017).
- Ackley, K., et al. "LIGO/Virgo S190901ap: GOTO optical coverage and detection of AT2019pjv" GRB Coordinates Network, Circular Service, No. 22190, # 1 (2019) 25654 (2019).
PX271:- Microprocessors Lab Demonstrator (2016-2019)
PX148:- Exam Marker(2017-2019)
Open days:- Talking to parents and prospective students
Created the Astro Journal Club (2018-2019)
CH950:- Doctoral Skills 1
CH951:- Doctoral Skills 2
CH952:- Doctoral Skills 3
CH957:- Business Innovation, and Commercialisation
CH953:- Teamworking in a Research Environment
CH955:- Decision Making and Leadership
PX444:- The Distant Universe
AS8:- Planetary formation
HEA - Associate Fellow
Svalbard Blog :- My 6 month adventure in the arctic circle (somewhat incomplete)
Wonders of the Moon :- I made a brief appearence on national television!
XMAS Gala - Building Crystals