I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Astronomy group at the University of Warwick.
I am interested in different stages of the stellar evolution, which I came across in the past years. I work with large samples of photometric data in order to find and characterise interesting classes of stars. In the past, I have been working mainly with optical spectroscopy and more recently I started using also UV spectroscopy.
My current research focuses on:
- Study of metal-polluted white dwarfs
- Identification of white dwarfs in open clusters
- White dwarfs in binary systems
- Classical Be stars in the Milky Way
- Distribution of the Galactic interstellar medium
I am member of the European GAlactic Plane Surveys (EGAPS) consortium, which includes IPHAS and UVEX (at the Isaac Newton Telescope in the North) and VPHAS+ (at the VST in the South).