The 20th European Workshop on White Dwarfs will be held at the University of Warwick, United Kingdom on July 25-29th, 2016. This series of workshops started in Kiel, Germany, in 1974 and it follows up on the previous meetings held in Montréal (2014), Kraków (2012) and Tübingen (2010). Contributions in all areas of white dwarf (WD) research are welcome at the conference. A tentative list of topics includes:
- WD structure and evolution
- Atmospheres, chemical composition, and magnetic fields
- Pulsating WDs
- Progenitors and central stars of planetary nebulae
- Binaries: WDs with stellar or sub-stellar companions, double degenerates, WDs in CVs, etc
- WDs as SNe Ia progenitors
- WDs with evolved planetary systems
- WDs in stellar clusters and in the halo
- WDs as probes of mass loss, the local star formation history, and the initial mass function
We are now past abstract submission deadline. All registered participants will be contacted directly about their abstract and conference logistics. If you do not wish to submit an abstract, you can still register to attend the conference.
Please contact us at eurowd16 at gmail dot com
Those of you on Facebook are welcome to join the "White Dwarf Stars Researchers" group.
Those of you on Twitter can use the hashtag #EuroWD16
We would like to acknowledge the financial support from the European Research Council.