The Connecting Cultures GRP is looking to appoint three new co-leads from across all Faculties, in time for 1st September 2022, due to the current co-leads needing to step down because of research leave and new wider University roles.
Connecting Cultures GRP is one of the most active GRPs in the University, with a fantastic track record of supporting new interdisciplinary research projects, public engagement and impact activities. See our website for more detail: https://warwick.ac.uk/research/priorities/connecting-cultures/
Between them, the leads are responsible for:
- Taking nominal responsibility for each of the GRP’s themes. At present these are ‘Culture and Community’, ‘Creativity and Connection’ and ‘Transnational and Global Humanities.’
- Distributing funding (in 22-23 £30,000) to support research, impact and engagement activities across the institution in relation to the GRP’s key themes (normally done through a rolling funding call).
- Organising the GRP annual lecture on a theme related to Connecting Cultures
- Organising a public facing event which engages a wider public audience with the work funded/initiated by the GRP.
- Organising an internal networking event around a Connecting Cultures theme which brings together academics across all three faculties (in the past these have included Working with Refugees and Migrant Communities, Mental Health Research and the Medical Humanities, and the Environmental Humanities).
- Contributing towards occasional strategic projects for the wider GRP programme or other strategic projects across the university (e.g. CC GRP managed the first three years of City of Culture research funding on behalf of the institution).
- Reporting to the GRP Steering Group (this is normally a biannual written report as well as a verbal report once or twice a year)
- Liaising with the Connecting Cultures GRP Advisory Group (a group constituted of academics and professional services colleagues from around the university) on a twice-yearly basis.
The leads are supported by Ura Martin (CC GRP administrator).
To express Interest in becoming a Connecting Cultures GRP Lead, please send an email to Connecting Cultures GRP: CulturesGRP@warwick.ac.uk with the following information and responses. Deadline for expressing your interest is June 17th 2022.
Please give short (max 200 word) responses to the following questions:
- What experience in research leadership do you bring to this role?
- The Connecting Cultures GRP has a remit to work in interdisciplinary ways across the institution and beyond. How would you support interdisciplinary research, impact and public engagement in one or more of the GRP’s areas of work: ‘Culture and community’, ‘Creativity and connection’ and ‘Transnational and global humanities’?
- What do you hope the future of the Connecting Cultures GRP might look like?