"At the heart of our university lies the imperative to search for answers to the world’s most complex questions, and to share the knowledge we gain to build a better world for everyone. We believe it’s up to us to continue pointing the way ahead: to be bold in exploring, creating, curating, sharing and applying new knowledge in the world.
The excellence and originality of our work, and dedication of our researchers, is what defines us, and we’re proud of what we collectively achieve. Our research is made possible by the brilliance of our PhD students, researchers, technicians, and academics – the foundation of our research community.
Whilst the future can feel uncertain, the excellent research undertaken at Warwick enables us all to see clearly over the horizon."
Professor Caroline Meyer, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Research)
The six strategic research priorities
- Disciplinary and Interdisciplinary Excellence: Enhance our existing strengths and develop others to make a step change.
- Excellence with Impact: Extend and apply the best research to drive real-world change
- Research Culture: Foster a positive, inclusive, collegiate and dynamic research environment where all those working on or supporting research can thrive
- Communications: Deliver and promote our research on the world stage, by raising its profile through showcasing via multi-media communications.
- Partnership: Celebrate our collaborations with industry, regional, national and international organisations, institutes and other higher education providers
- Innovation & Sustainability: At the heart of everything we do
Underpinning these priorities are seven work strands:
We’re committed to leading the way by providing a positive research culture that is both inclusive and collegiate. Talent and ambition are recognised and nurtured through a supportive culture and environment for staff and students across all faculties.
Download our University research strategy pdf document to learn more about the way ahead.
Hear directly from our amazing researchers and learn more about the thinking that makes great research happen.
We're committed to providing a positive research culture to help our academics thrive. Learn more our about research culture.