The impacts of the University locally and regionally are very significant, touching the education, health, cultural, economic and community vitality of Coventry, Warwickshire and the wider region.
We commissioned a new local and rehional impact study from BiGGAR Economics to support our analysis of the University's current activity and socio-economic impact.
The Commission engaged widely with local and regional communities, inside and outside of the Univeristy.
The Commission asked the Centre for Urban and Regional Development Studies (CURDS) at Newcastle University to provide advice on 'The Civic University' tailored to the remit and scope of the Commission.
The Commission blog attracted contributions on a number of topics from Warwick Volunteers, Warwick District Council, the National Institute of Adult Continuing Education and a Universities UK seminar. It also includes entries on each of the Commission Hearings.
A series of student competitions were held that stimulated ideas about future roles and contributions locally and regionally.
- Appendix 1: Terms of reference and key lines of inquiry
- Appendix 2: Outline and case studies of the University's impact
- Appendix 3: BiGGAR Economics "Economic impact of the University of Warwick", 2016
- Appendix 4: Report of consultation and deliberative processes
- Appendix 5: CURDS "The civic university: universities in leadership and management of place", 2016
- Commission blog
- Student competition contributions