Our #MySummerNetworking campaign offers a carefully curated programme which enables you to reach students in the summer term, tailored to fit around their examination focus.
Highlight your opportunities, help students to develop the skills you require, navigate your recruitment process, and connect with students effectively as we make a return to campus activity.
- Advertise and highlight your recruitment campaign and opportunities available. These may include summer internships and work experience, graduate opportunities, placements and promotion of graduate schemes that open early to applications over the summer months
- Take part in our Get Connected! series of tailored face to face events taking place in weeks 1-9
- Raise and rebuild the profile of your organisation and help to build student confidence as we return to face to face events
- Digital engagement - Get involved and support our new Micro learning campaign that focuses on networking skills and empowering students to connect
- Provide Careers stories from Alumni and recent graduates within your organisation
- Get Hired! - Join our Summer Recruitment Fair as we celebrate being back on campus!
This series of events runs from week 1-9 and aims to provide opportunities for students to meet with employers in our Student Opportunity Hub space.
Recognising that first and second year students have not yet had an opportunity to meet employers face to face whilst at University and our finalists may feel uneasy reconnecting, this series will provide accessible, bite-sized sessions for students in a non threatening space. Get Connected! will allow students to build their confidence and develop their networking skills with support and encouragement from employers.
Sessions are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays over the lunchtime period and may be delivered as a structured workshop, informal drop-in or networking session, interactive activity or bookable one to one clinics. As part of the #MySummerNetworking campaign employers should aim to contribute to the theme with suitable sessions including:
- An introduction to networking
- Why is networking important?
- Introductions and ice breakers
- Making a good first impression
- The networking process
- Ethical networking
- The Elevator pitch
- Meet the recruiter sessions - informal drop in sessions to simply talk and engage
- CV and advice clinics
- Preparing for a Careers Fair (week 9 only)
If you would like to run alternative sessions to those listed please get in touch to discuss options - we welcome your involvement!
There is no charge to deliver a Get Connected! session. Email employerconnect at warwick dot ac dot uk to register your interest and to secure a date.
Please note that priority will be given to those attending the Get Hired! Summer Careers Fair in the first instance.
Digital Engagement - Join our Micro Learning Campaign
Running in parallel to the #MySummerNetworking programme the campaign will support students in their learning and understanding of networking, helping to break down barriers to engagement, encourage participation and build student confidence.
Content will be shared via our social media and You Tube channels ensuring your employer profile is raised enabling you to firmly re-establish your brand within our student community.
Please email employerconnect at warwick dot ac dot uk to register your interest and get involved!
Tuesday 28th June 12 - 3pm, Rootes Building, University of Warwick campus
The Summer careers fair is Warwick’s main careers and employability event in the Summer term, taking place back on campus in week 10, once students have completed their exams.
Employers at this event range from high-profile graduate employers through to local SMEs. Organisations are attracted from a variety of industry areas. The Summer fair attracts students from all disciplines and year groups with students at varying stages of their career planning. It is suited to employers who have:
- Current opportunities available for those graduating this year
- Graduate schemes with early opening dates – meet our students early and encourage applications over the summer vacations
- Work experience and internships – first and second years who have not yet had the opportunity to meet with employers face to face will be encouraged to attend to explore their career options with you
BOOKINGS ARE NOW FULL - APOLOGIES!
- Places are limited to 40 with discounted rates available for SMEs, Not for Profit and Public Sector organisations.
- Bookings are limited across sectors to ensure a good spread of opportunities are available to students - all bookings are provisional until confirmed by the Employer Connect team
- Costs £250+VAT.
- Discounted rates available for Not for Profit organisations and SMEs at £125+VAT
Get in touch and discuss your options
Get Hired! Summer Fair
Places at our summer fair are limited to 40 so book your place via MyAdvantage, or get in touch with us as soon as possible, to secure your place.
Digital Micro Learning
If you'd like to get involved in our Micro learning campaign, email us at employerconnect at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Get Connected! face to face events
If you'd like to deliver a free Get Connected! session, email employerconnect at warwick dot ac dot uk to register your interest and to secure a date. Please note that priority will be given to those attending the Get Hired! Summer Careers Fair in the first instance.