Accessible study rooms
- Accessible study rooms may be booked by students or staff supporting students registered with the University Disability Services, for a maximum of 3 hours per day and up to four weeks in advance
- All rooms have as standard a computer, an adjustable table and chair, a lamp, whiteboards and automatic doors
- Please feel free to use dictation software in all rooms across all floors. Study rooms (main Library) 309, 405 and 505 are situated on quiet floors so you may prefer to use 114 or Floor 2, if available
- Please contact library at warwick dot ac dot uk if you require any further support
Accessible Study Room 114
A study room located on floor 1.
- The computer is loaded with Audio Notetaker, Dragon NS, Essay Writer, Inspiration, Jaws, Mindjet MindManager and Read&Write
- Fully dimmable LED lighting
Accessible Study Room Floor 2
A study room located on floor 2.
- This computer is loaded with Read&Write, Kurzwei, Dragon, Essay Writer, Audio Notetaker, Inspiration
- This room has many windows and is filled with lots of natural light and so may not suit all students. Please check the photo before booking this room
- The automatic door opens outwards
Sensory Study Room 309
- A study room located on floor 3
- This room contains various lighting options such a LED light tube, galaxy star projector and a yoga mat
- This computer is loaded with the Audio Notetaker, Dragon, Essay Writer, Inspiration, Kurzweil 1000, Mindjet MindManager, Read&Write and ZoomText
Warning! The LED strip lighting remote provides options for strobe and flashing lighting.
Give your feedback on this room.
Accessible Study Room 405
- A study room located on floor 4
- This computer is loaded with Audio Notetaker, Dragon NS, Essay Writer, Inspiration, Mindjet MindManager, Read&Write and ZoomText
Sensory Study Room 505
- A study room located on floor 5
- This room contains various lighting options including a bubble tube, LED strip lighting
- Seating options include a rocking chair, soft seating, a wobble cushion and a yoga mat
- This computer is loaded with Audio Notetaker, Read&Write, Mindjet MindManager, Inspiration, Essay Writer and ZoomText
Warning! he LED strip lighting remote provides options for strobe and flashing lighting
Give your feedback on this room.
Please note: The following rooms are located outside of the main Library. See campus map.
Accessible Study Room Learning Grid 2
- A study room located in University House
- This computer is loaded with Audio Notetaker, Inspiration, Essay Writer, Dragon NS, Mindjet MindManager and Read&Write
Accessible Study Room Postgraduate Hub
- A study room located in the Postgrad Hub in Junction
- The computer is loaded with Dragon NS, Mindjet MindManager and Read&Write
Please feedback any comments you have about our existing service for students with disabilities or learning differences. We are always interested to hear about equipment, assistive-software or services that may assist you with accessing the Library and its resources.
How to book
Booking an accessible study room - recording transcript
To book an accessible study room in the main Library, University House, Learning Grid 2 or the Postgrad Hub, please use the booking link found on the Library website. Alternatively you can use the door controls outside each room for same day booking.
On the Library website click on Using the Library and then Accessibility.This will take you to a page listing the range of services and technologies available to customers with disabilities or learning differences. To proceed, click on Accessible Study rooms.
On this page, you will find a description of all our accessible study rooms. Select the room that is suitable to your needs and and click on Book here. At this stage you will need to enter your University Username and password.
When selecting Room type, a drop-down menu will display which rooms you are eligible to book. Select a specific date and press Continue.
You can check the details of the room by clicking on the Information symbol at the top of the booking table. Select a slot, click OK and then Confirm. You will then be taken to the confirmation page. Please note that no PIN number will be provided.
All you need to enter the room is your student card. The booking details will also be sent to your Warwick email address.
For same day booking, you can also book the rooms using the units outside each door. Just press the Booking availability button on the touch screen. The door unit will show the available slots in green, which you can then highlight using the touch screen.
To confirm, please scan your student card on the reader located underneath the timetable. If the room is available and you have booked the current slot, just scan your card. The door lock will then be released and you will be able to enter the room.
If you require any assistance, speak to a member of staff.
- Physical access
- Assistive technology area
- Adjustable furniture
- Assistive software
- Alternative formats
- Click and Collect
Bookable accessible rooms: we need your feedback!
To help us understand which facilities and assistive-software packages are useful to we need your feedback! The results will help plan future developments to assist you.
Give your feedback.