The information below is for all registered Library customers, providing a quick practical quide to using the Library. (Links to further information on various practical topics is also given).
Access our collections Access our collections
My Library Account
This is your main, personal, online portal to the Library. Renew loans, pay fines, check the status of holds, view reading history and more. Also accessible from Library Search and Classic Catalogue when you are logged in. More information.
Many resources are available electronically and can be found using Library Search or through one of the many subject specialist databases. You will also find resources for your studies on your departmental reading lists.
In the main Library building print resources are organised according to subjects:
- Floors 1 & 2: Helpdesk, Short Loan, Teaching Grid and Co-Creation space
- Floor 2 Extension: Sciences
- Floor 3: Arts
- Floor 3 Extension: Arts, Short Loan and Wolfson Research Exchange
- Floor 4: Education, Law, Government Publications and Statistics
- Floor 5: Social Sciences
If you are unable to locate a book, journal or other shelved materials on the Library shelves please complete a missing resources form.
Classmarks and locations
The table below shows a quick view of Library Search search showing the classmark and location of a book.
See also: classmarks and locations.
Learn about how to borrow, returns and borrowing entitlements.
Reserve an item
If you wish to reserve an item you can 'request a hold'. A hold is a request to keep a book aside when it becomes available. If all copies of a title are on loan, you can place a hold request and the next returned copy will be held for you. More information.
To provide fair access to resources we may ask you to bring your books back before the due date if somebody else wants them (known as recalls).
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the Library has introduced a fines amnesty. This is set to continue but may be subject to change. For the most up to date information make sure you are checking the Library website.
If you think you have lost a book please complete a lost book form. If you think you have returned a book to the Library but it is still showing on your Library Account, please complete a claim returned form.
Other services Other services
Discover how you can access our e-resources.
If you cannot get to the Library you may want to take advantage of our free Postal Loans service. You can request Standard Loan books as long as they have no hold requests on them.
You may want to take advantage of our Library Stores, where we house materials which are in less demand but still of value.
Photocopy, print and scan
Find out where and how you can print, copy and scan.
- For general IT support such as how to print from your laptop in the Library or any other printing support, please visit IT services. print, copy and scan
- IT Services provide an AV equipment borrowing service. Please visit IT Services for more information
- If the IT Services helpdesk is closed, you can find a large number of useful leaflets online
Individual dissertation/thesis book binding services are provided by Warwick Print and the University Bookshop.
Send a fax
Unfortunately we don't have any fax facilities for customers. However in most cases students can send faxes from their departmental office.
You may wish to make a donation.
Rules and safety
The University is committed to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our students and staff, and we have been closely following the advice of the Government and World Health Organisation in relation to COVID-19.
- See University latest advice and guidance for staff, students and prospective students. See COVID-19 and Library Services for the most up to date advice on using the Library and its study spaces.
- You may also wish find out about our rules and regulations, lost property or your personal safety and security.