The table below identifies how many books or other items you can borrow dependent on your borrower type. We offer a standard loan and a 3 day loan service (for books in high demand).
Please note: books may be recalled at any time. If you are leaving the country or are planning to go away for more than a week you should return your Library books before you go.
- If you have difficulties returning your books please contact library at warwick dot ac dot uk
- Staff and students based in the UK are eligible for our Freepost service
- Overdues: You will still receive automated courtesy and overdue notices if an item becomes overdue
Easter vacation borrowing
Please be aware that books will not be subject to recall over the Easter vacation period (17th March – 21st April 2024).
All Warwick categories: Undergraduates, Postgraduates, Staff
Up to 999 books
Standard Loan: 1 year, rolling loan (we will also renew your loans each year unless an item you have borrowed received a click and collect request)
Standard Loan: 2 weeks
Note: All Standard Loan books may be recalled if requested by another customer. If a 3 day loan book is requested by another customer you will not be able to renew the book. Courtesy notices will be sent prior to the return day. Failure to send or receive courtesy messages will not invalidate the date on which the loan is due for return.
Please be aware that 3 day loans will remain 3 day loans over the Christmas vacation and Standard Loan items can still be recalled during this time.
3 day loan books are issued for 7 days to part time students and students registered with the University Disability Services.
Occasionally, loan periods for books from certain collections (e.g. Schools Collection, Staff Development Collection) may vary. Please ask at the Library Helpdesk on Floor 1 for more information.
Follow the on screen instructions on the self-issue machines on Floor 1 to borrow or renew books. Library members are advised to read the Library rules and regulations and to familiarise themselves with the borrowing, returns and renewal procedures. To avoid any unwelcome surprises please read the information about Library charges.
You may have:
- reached your loan limit
- your library account is blocked
- the book you are trying to borrow may be 'Reference Only'
To ensure you have issued your books correctly please examine your receipt carefully. Your receipt will provide the date each item is due back. Please take care if you borrow a 3 day loan book. You may not be able to renew it if another student has requested a hold on it.
If you experience any problems when issuing a book, please ask for help at the Floor 1 Helpdesk. If you would like a demonstration of how to use the self-issue machines please ask any Library staff for help.
- If you are not a finalist or postgraduate, and will be continuing your studies at Warwick in September, please keep your books until you return. We are not currently issuing any fines
- Books can be returned by post to the following address: Customer Support, University of Warwick Library, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry CV4 7AL
- If you have any further questions about returning books please email us at email@example.com and we will advise
Please note: We will update this page as the situation changes and other options for book return become available.