Overdues: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the Library has introduced a fines amnesty. This is set to continue but may be subject to change. You will still receive automated courtesy and overdue notices if an item becomes overdue.
All borrowers should be aware that books may be recalled at any time. If you are leaving the country or are planning to go away for more than a week you should return your Library books before you go.
- If you have borrowed a book which is then recalled, you will not be able to renew it
- Fines for non-return of a recalled book currently stand at £1 per day. Once your account accrues more than £10 of fines (see fines), or if a recalled book becomes overdue then your account will be blocked and you will not be able to renew, reserve or borrow
- University staff and students should also check that they are receiving Warwick University emails and set up email diverts as required. To set up a forward email more information is available from IT Services
- External borrowers are responsible for ensuring that the Library holds their current email address
- Items cannot be renewed if another borrower has requested a hold on an item
- If another borrower requests a hold on a 3 Day Loan you will not receive a recall email notice but you will not be able to renew the item. Please note that you are advised not borrow 3 day loan items unless you are in a position to return the item in 3 days
- You are advised not to borrow Short Loan items unless you are in a position to return them before 11am the following day, or if borrowed after 11am on a Friday due back Monday before 11am, as another student may have placed a booking on the Short Loan items you have borrowed
What happens if my books have been recalled?
If you have borrowed a book which another customer has reserved, you will receive an email from the Library asking you to return it. This may be earlier than the original due date. The new return date will be shown on the Recall email and this will be 7 days after the reservation was placed.
How many reservations ('holds') can I make at any one time?
- University Staff - unlimited
- Postgraduates 20 items
- Undergraduates 10 items