Join our dynamic and dedicated postgraduate community
Deepen your passion for History at one of the UK’s Top 10 History departments (The Times Good University Guide 2021 and QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021), offering a combination of fantastic teaching, world-leading research and a lively and diverse community of postgraduate Historians.
- We’re home to over 40 academics with unrivalled expertise in historical topics spanning the globe, and we're working with around 70 PhD researchers and about 35 History MA students.
- Top 10 department in the UK with 92% of our research rated as world-leading or internationally excellent (REF 2021)
- Students gave the department a 89% satisfaction rating in the 2023 national Postgraduate Research Experience Survey. This was one of the highest scores in the Arts Faculty for a large Department, and 5% higher than both the Russell Group and Global average.
- Excellent historical resources, including our very own Modern Records Centre, which houses one of the biggest archives of primary sources outside of London.
- Four field-leading Research Centres offering opportunities for networking and sharing research, as well as leading our four History Masters courses.
- Ours is one of the most diverse communities of history postgraduates in the UK, with around a third of non-white students, and numbers of male and female students are roughly equal.
We have an excellent track-record in placing postgraduates in academic and non-academic careersLink opens in a new window.
The University are currently offering a offering a 10% tuition fee discount for graduates of Warwick accepted onto selected full-time and part-time postgraduate masters level courses. Full full details and eligibility, please see: https://warwick.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/funding/fees/discountLink opens in a new window
We are delighted to support our students in seeking funding. Find out more about the different bursaries and scholarships that may be available to you, and a range of other resources.