Dept. of Computer Science
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
Email: my_forename dot my_surname at gmail dot com
Current research interests:
- Noise-enhanced coding: Exploiting noise to enhance performance in sensory systems.
- Pulsatility in the neuroendocrine system: How is hormonal release controlled in the brain?
- Optimal stochastic control: What are the optimal strategies to control noisy systems?
- Probabilistic dynamics of spiking neuronal networks: How do higher order statistics (fluctuations/correlations) affect a network stochastic dynamics?
Future research direction:
- Biologically Inspired AI, Cognitive Computing
Rossoni E, Feng J, Stocks N (2009) Enhancing information transfer in sensory arrays by negatively correlated noise. [abstract] (In preparation)
Lu W, Zhang XJ, Rossoni E, Feng J (2009) Towards a neuronal field theory. (In preparation) [abstract]
Rossoni E, Feng J (2008) Controlling precise movement with stochastic signals. Europhys Letts. (Under revision) [abstract]
Rossoni E, Feng J, Tirozzi B, Brown D, Leng G and Moos F (2008) Emergent Synchronous Bursting of Oxytocin Neuronal Network PLoS Computational Biology. 4(7): e1000123. [In the Press!] [Audio]
Rossoni E, Chen Y, Ding. M, Feng J (2005) Stability of synchronous oscillations in a system of Hodgkin-Huxley neurons with delayed diffusive and pulsed coupling. Physical Review E. 71. 061904. [abstract][download]
Rossoni E, Feng J, Leng G (2003) Modelling phasic firing in vasopressin cells. Presented at Computational Neuroscience Meeting CNS*2003, Alicante, Spain, July 5 - 9, 2003. [download]